Keen:Next - Okay, I'm at a total loss here.

Utilities for editing Keen:Galaxy and Keen:Dreams levels.
Zero X. Diamond

Keen:Next - Okay, I'm at a total loss here.

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I can't even figure out how to load a simple Keen4 level or anything with this, and I would certainly hate to have to use TED5... I hear so many negative things about its ease of use. Does anybody know how to properly use this and get it working? I have no clue, and the readme did little more than add to my confusion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

It's been awhile since I've used this, but I'll try to be of help.

First thing to do is go to File, then new. Name the title whatever you want, select the 'keen project' option and select keen 4. For the image file, you'll want to browse for you tile sheet. The tile sheet needs to be in PNG format and consists of 4TIL0000 and 4TIL0001, the first on top of the second. You'll have to remove all the masking from 4TIL0001. After all this select 'ok'.

Now you'll want to go to 'import keen map' and you should open 'maphead.ck4'. Then select the level you want to edit. After designing you level, you should go to 'export keen map', select 'maphead.ck4' and the level you want to replace with your new level.

Hopefully this helps :)
LJH

Post by LJH »

TED5 is way easier to use IMO... as long as you can get it running (but it seems to work fine in DOSBox, at least for me).