The Patch Wiki [All patches ever made!]

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Well, it seems the PI will remain where it is for now. (Thanks anyway for everythin andy!) but I shall be updating it soon enough.

In other news; with LL back I managed to sit down and take a look at a little problem that has been bugging me for some time; how fast sprites animate. If you had a nice slow moving Yorp, wouldn't it be nice if it animated nice and slow, like the inchworms on Keen 4?

Well now you can!

Code: Select all

%patch $1993 $34 $00 #Walking right
%patch $199B $36 $00 #Walking left
%patch $19A5 $01 $00 #Frames used for walking left *and* right
%patch $19A1 $08     #Animation speed
The animation speeds for nearly every sprite around ar now avalible in section 6.) of sprite patches; values allowed are $01 (Hyper) to $FF (So slow you'll nedd to sit there an hour to see anything.) Default is 4 or 5.

And also added are two patches per game that allow keen to do interesting things when stunned or frozen:

#Keen 1
#Keen can pass through any blocks (Not killy ones) when frozen
%patch $2736 $34
#Keen flies when frozen
%patch $2733 $F4

#Keen 2
#Keen flies when stunned
%patch $4A9A $CF
#Keen ghosts through blocks when stunned. (Not killy ones)
%patch $4A9D $0F
#How long Keen is stunned for
%patch $73FA $90 $01

#Keen 3
#Keen falls through tiles when stunned (Not killy)
%patch $55C8 $2C
#Keen flies when stunned
%patch $55C5 $EC

In Keen 2 and 3 Keen doesn't get the boost he gets from the icecubes; i don't know how to fix that, sorry.

Enjoy!
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Is there anyway you could make ice or slippery tiles still hold keen's weight when frozen?

Regardless, this gives us some more flexablility in how Keen can die.
Mua ha ha ha ha! Thanks!
levellass

Post by levellass »

Well, frozen and slippery tiles use the same support code as solid tiles, the movement code is changed on slippery and ice. I can try and work around it, but I doubt anything will come of it; I'm no Andy Durdin.
Shadow Master

Post by Shadow Master »

Could it be possible to update the patch index with current patches, and make a zip file with it (like an old one I found in LL's website) so that I can download it and read it elsewhere?
levellass

Post by levellass »

I shall do that this weekend; I wish I had more time to do the index, especially since I've figured out what so much of Keen code does, but study and a job really takes up the day!
levellass

Post by levellass »

I've just found that the Chain produces a whole new dead Vorticon when shot; and can prevent this happening.

#Chain doesn't kill Vorts when shot
%patch $234C $5F $5E $5D $C3
While I'm updating the index, do people want the sprite speeds and animations in decimal, rather than hex format? I think that's easier than hex, but there's always the problem that a decimal number larger than 256 may be used. (Which CKpatch doesn't understand.)
Shadow Master

Post by Shadow Master »

Hexademical. A calculator (i.e. Windows calculator) can help those who want to translate them to decimal numbers.
Shadow Master

Post by Shadow Master »

I need a zip with the complete patch index. Zip file. Zip file. ZIP file. ZIP FILEE! ZIP FILEEEEEE!!
Right? ;)
grafix

zippified

Post by grafix »

I've set up a script that automatically zips up the patch index every hour or so, and saves the zipfile as http://levellord.toxicsheep.com/Index/Index.zip. The modification time of the zipfile is that of the most recently edited file, so you can look at its listing in http://levellord.toxicsheep.com/Index/ to see how recent it is.
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

Btw, that "Whatsnew" text file is really outdated. Maybe there could be some page that automatically updates to show new patches?
I think if the patch index was made into a database, it'd be so much easier... There could even be a way to search...
Shadow Master

Post by Shadow Master »

Really thanks a lot Grafix! This will speed up a lot my work on Shikadi1!
levellass

Post by levellass »

You are so right Genius; Imma update that file now. I've tried to keep it searchable, but there are limits to what a girl can do.

And Grafix? That's an amazing automation!
Shadow Master

Post by Shadow Master »

The magic of proper UNIX scripts. ;)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I just noticed LLass, with the move from toxicsheep to rewound.net, the downloadable up to date Index.zip seems lost. I appreciated if you reinstalled it. I like to keep these things on my computer, because my internet connection is a bit unstable.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Actually, I don't know how to get it working again; it's foxed me good. However, I have now created a zip of the Index I will update each time I update the Index. It will remain here: http://levellord.rewound.net/Index/Index.zip

Hope this helps! (I also made it notepad compatible, does nobody use it anymore?)