No Mouse

Utilities for editing Keen:Galaxy and Keen:Dreams levels.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

No Mouse

Post by levellord »

I finally got an old Windoze 98 computer and can run Ted5, there's just one small problem;

I can't seem to place or pick up tiles with my mouse! The cursour shows, clicks things in menus, its position is shown, but when I click on the map, nothing.

Any ideas?
XkyRauh

Post by XkyRauh »

levellord told genius314, on Jun 6, 2005 wrote:No. You're screwed.
The only mouse-related problem I've heard of with TED was when running it through DOSBox. If you're having difficulties running it raw, we may be in more trouble than we anticipated.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

I think that happened to me a few times when i first started messin around with ted.

My advice- reboot and try again. If it just happened to work for me...eventually, the same will probably happen to you.

I noticed something like that happening in keen edit when i was working on one of my levels. I just kept tryin off an on for a week, and it just happened to work one day. ...Computers really shouldnt be tempermental though...
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

No. You're screwed.
Yes, it appears I am. Maybe TED knows what horrible mod I'd make if I ever got acess to Keen4-6 levels...
XkyRauh

Post by XkyRauh »

I think a Keen4-6 mod would be wonderful if made by you, LevelLord. The biggest problem I ever had with your Keen1-3 mods was that I wasn't sure what was ground, what was background, and what would kill me. With Keen4-6, the ground tiles demand to be made up of a larger number of 'tiles,' and the backgrounds are similarly larger. Unless you're truly the spawn of some dark lord, I'm guessing players will have a much easier time identifying your level components. :-)
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Well as far as I can tell, I'll never be able to get round to it.
XkyRauh

hmm

Post by XkyRauh »

Hey, wait a second... we don't have a sticky in this forum telling people where they can get TED5! LevelLord, do you have a link to it? I'd like to download it and see if it runs at all on my computer, so maybe I can offer more help.
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

You're making a keen 4 mod and dont even know if ted will work on your computer??

LevelLord, maybe try switching layers on and off.