Ted5 doesn't like me!

Utilities for editing Keen:Galaxy and Keen:Dreams levels.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Nada. (stupid windows.)

I have a virus that deletes windows if anyone wants a copy.
Enchantermon

Re: we'll try this

Post by Enchantermon »

JosephBurke wrote:Andrew pointed out the problem, however to make things easier I've created two zips each one for a different version of dosbox. The zips contain files you can add to or use to replace files in your current directory structure.

http://www.lastplain.com/keen_stuff/temp_zips/0.60.zip
http://www.lastplain.com/keen_stuff/temp_zips/0.61.zip
Well, at least we're making progress.....
Okay, I unzipped your files and ran the bat. Dosbox did a bunch of stuff, and then I ran Ted5 straight from the resulting command prompt. I got a menu at the top like this:

? File Edit Modes Misc

I assume this is the Ted5 menu? Also, a white box popped up(I think it is the same one that I mentioned in my original post) saying that Ted5 was moving graphics into the extended memory, and giving me a countdown of sorts. Finally, it gets to number 78, and quits, saying:

TED5 ERROR: Invalid length!

But, like I said, we must be getting closer to a solution, because this is much further than the program has ever gone before!
Enchantermon

P.S. The same thing occured with both versions of DosBox.
JosephBurke

nada, nothing, zilch; well, ideas and suggestions.

Post by JosephBurke »

Try resetting up Ted5 with Keen4. If that doesn’t work upload your k4 directory, in a zip, and I'll have a look.
Enchantermon

Post by Enchantermon »

It works! It really works! Thanks to everyone for all their hard work on my behalf. When you suggested I re-setup Ted5, I opened the CK Newsletter to make sure I was doing it properly. I then noticed that the troubleshooting section said that Ted5 would only work with ver. 1.4 of CK4. I had ver. 1.0(or something like that). So, I went to http://www.apogee1.com/downloads.html
and downloaded ver. 1.4. I used it with your custom .conf and everything, and it worked! Again, much thanks goes to everyone who helped out! Enchantermon

P.S. Also, I really am sorry if me neglecting to notice this detail about the versions caused anyone more work than it should have. Enchantermon
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Oh great!

Can someone mail me the required files? nothing I do seems to work.
Enchantermon

Post by Enchantermon »

All you need to do is download the .zip from this thead according to your own version of Dosbox, and download CK4 1.4 from the link I provided. When you download JosephBurke's file, however, you'll have to change the paths at the end of dosbox.conf to your own, and you'll have to do the same thing with ted5_dosbox.bat. Enchantermon
Boeing747

Post by Boeing747 »

TED5 Works. But it prints an error on screen, before starting:
ERROR loading GFXINFOE.CK5!