Mad Mushroom stunable

Request patches for Keens 4-6.
Bubzrulz

Mad Mushroom stunable

Post by Bubzrulz »

can anyone help me with patching Mad Mushroom to be stunable?
K1n9_Duk3

Re: Mad Mushroom stunable

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

It's possible, but it would require additional code and some space for a new state declaration. I don't know your patch file, so I can't say which parts of the existing code and data I could overwrite to create such a patch.

You should also specify which sprite the stunned enemy should use, whether it should use the stunned stars animation and (optionally) how many shots it should take to stun the mushroom.
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

K1n9_Duk3 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:55 pm It's possible, but it would require additional code and some space for a new state declaration. I don't know your patch file, so I can't say which parts of the existing code and data I could overwrite to create such a patch.

You should also specify which sprite the stunned enemy should use, whether it should use the stunned stars animation and (optionally) how many shots it should take to stun the mushroom.
ok we can use spite 4SPR0236 or 4SPR0237 as im not using them lets mate it have the stars and make it 5 shots

my patch file is here for you too
K1n9_Duk3

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

You seem to have copied most of your patches from the KeenWiki and I know for a fact that some of the patches found on the KeenWiki are utterly broken and/or poorly documented. I cannot recommend using any of them unless you have the skills to verify that they do in fact work as they're supposed to.

If you want to read my rant about how people shouldn't be using patches, read this.

On top of using buggy patches from the KeenWiki, some of the patches in your patch file are overwriting each other. As they are, your patches cannot and will not work as intended and will probably cause the game to crash or behave erratically. I'm not in the mood to sort this out right now and adding even more patches would just make things worse.
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

Yes .. I did start working out some of these patches where stepping on others toes presay before I went into hibernation for a few yrs hardest part is coming back full steam and working out where you were at I’ve decided to fix up my demo 1st and the new graphics fix a few little things and release it. Then get back into full game .. your patching tool ( which wasn’t out before into hibernation will help me work out which patches are conflicting)