Tileset Tool - The V2 Tileset Editor (Updated 2012-12-29)

Utilities to affect Keen:Vorticons tilesets.
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

Tulip wrote:Alright, an update. Sadly this one doesn't work, it crashes right away.

I'm using vista, german sadly so the exact error message probably won't help you, it says something about the QtCore4.dll about the line _Z21qRegisterResourceDataiPKhS0_S0_

I hope that helps.
Re-download, there was a dll problem.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

excellent.

The slope editor looks great.

I only have a problem with opening *.tli files: everything is set to kill and the placement of all tile properties seems to be messed up.

And is there an 'import from exe' option planned, as it were in tileinfo. That would be great, I'd rather not have to add the properties to every single tile myself.
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

The exe's are handled the same way as tli's. I have updated the files to fix the import problem. Animations from the old format will need some manual fix-ups.
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

A tile number indicator would be handy. It would save counting the rows and columns when patching absolute tile references.

Also, I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 still. lemm's build segfaults for me, so I built my own:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3700644/keen/ut ... 386.tar.gz
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

There was a serious bug saving tile behaviors. I have updated the files with the fix, and I recommend that everybody re-download/build.

Spleen - I hadn't thought of that. I'll add that to the to-do list for the next version.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

There's still a bug with saving the slippery/frictionless behaviours
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

Fixed.
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

0.3.4 adds several minor features that have been requested and should fix the known issues with the previous version. I hope to maintain this as a stable version for a while, with bug-fixes but no feature additions.

The shift and rotate buttons are for creating animation variants like in the un-patched animation system. The procedure is difficult to explain. Unless you imported a TLI in a previous version, you shouldn't need it too badly. Hopefully the other new features are easy to understand.

I feel I'm getting to the limits of what this design can do, but I think I've got everything covered. I expect the next version will be multi-format, unless something lemmagical happens.
lemm

Post by lemm »

Groovy. Thanks for adding anim tools and bottom behaviour.

I was having some issues setting the top behaviour field for my 640x480 creation I posted a couple days ago. When I set the the top behaviour to frictionless or icy AND had the top blocking field checked, then the top field would be set 1 higher than what it was supposed to be (for example, slippery would be type 3, when it should have been 2). However, if I set the tile type, then unchecked the top blocking, it worked as it should have.

Pressing "fix palette" with nothing loaded gave me a segmentation fault.

and fyi qt 4.5 does not work anymore.
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

lemm wrote: I was having some issues setting the top behaviour field for my 640x480 creation I posted a couple days ago. When I set the the top behaviour to frictionless or icy AND had the top blocking field checked, then the top field would be set 1 higher than what it was supposed to be (for example, slippery would be type 3, when it should have been 2). However, if I set the tile type, then unchecked the top blocking, it worked as it should have.
Was that a previous version? I'm pretty sure I've fixed that.
lemm wrote: Pressing "fix palette" with nothing loaded gave me a segmentation fault.

and fyi qt 4.5 does not work anymore.
I'm using Qt 4.6 now. The problem with Fix Palette is unsurprising (it's probably trying to access a null image). For now, just don't do that! If more bugs come up, I'll disable that in the next bug-fix release.
lemm

Post by lemm »

Code: Select all

Was that a previous version? I'm pretty sure I've fixed that. 

v0.3.3
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

yeah he fixed it, I reported that bug a few posts earlier if you look above a bit
levellass

Post by levellass »

I'm using Qt 4.6 now. The problem with Fix Palette is unsurprising (it's probably trying to access a null image). For now, just don't do that! If more bugs come up, I'll disable that in the next bug-fix release.
Can we store the palette in the tileset somehow? It could be added to the end of the file after the graphics without any effect (If my understanding of Lemm's patch is correct.) This would solve any palette problems, wouldn't it?
levellass

Post by levellass »

Another problem; is it possible to make slopes so that you can walk along flat ground and up a slope without having t jump onto that slope? Because if I try to walk up a slope made in TT I always walk right by it.
lemm

Post by lemm »

That's not the editor; that's how the slope patch works. The tile underneath the first slope tile at the base of the hill cannot be top blocking.