Post by shikadi »

this level pack is made in 6 days
it contains 3 >keen 6< level
so it is the first keen 6 levelpack ever

when the game asks for the creatures name , just press space

link to download:
release four : download

hope your like it
Last edited by shikadi on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Just played it, and although it had good Ideas, there are many bugs that make the levels mostly unplayable.

Underground dome: This one is doable, but there is some odd bug that lets you slide through the ground to the other side of the door if you just walk right from the start.

The Future Idea: What are you supposed to do? you can only enter the door and grab a gun, and then? there is no switch to open that bridge. and when i tried to go off the screen on the right side I died.

The New Adventure: this only works until you have to enter the door below the bridge, there the switch above the moving platform won't flick. And if you jump right down left or right before you enter that door, you'll be stuck down there.

Also I was able to reach the original Bloogdome level...

Try to fix these things, and playtest it... then it'll be a nice little pack.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

future idea can be completed , it completed it , its not a bug , you must look go in the door , look around and try to do it without looking (theres a switch 2 tiles offscreen to cover the spikes you can see)
there one way to make visible

about the switch in new adventure , thats a switch reserved for future use , it can be flicked on the next release

and were did you get stuck? can you make a screen of it?

i will also expand the level pack and try to fix any bug you find
2 extra levels are done already , i start making another level today .
when the next level is done , you can enjoy 3 extra levels

about undergrond dome ,i tried to fix it , but i didn't find a way yet
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Future Idea: I don't get it. the whole level only seems to be as wide as the screen, if I walk right from the start keen wanders off screen. when i then jump I'll die.
When I go into the door there is nothing to do (I looked, jumped, shot and everything with no effect.
New adventure: Ok, I didn't flick that switch. But how are you supposed to get that yellow gem? I never made that jump.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

pogo without pressing jump , and then grap the ledge , i dind't failed anytime at that

if you enter the door , you see spikes , if you jump , don't go to far , or you die on them
levellass

Post by levellass »

New Idea is hell; the level involves using knowledge of what you see after going through a door to move while OFFSCREEN. There is indeed a way to make the level visible after you go offscreen, but it's still a demon of a level to do.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Now I get it,
to do this without saving and loading is nearly impossible...
But this is indeed interesting, but then again way too hard for me.

Still interesting New Idea.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

you tried it on easy i hope , one normal , there are a few bloogs offscreen , and on hard , there is one that you CANNOT see with the doors , hehehehe

on easy there's only one bloog offscreen

if one of the three level needs any improvement , please say it , i want to get out as many bugs as possible
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

release two is ready

http://www.savefile.com/files/1809604

-new adventure and undergrond dome updated
-three new levels
-all enemy's are used
Last edited by shikadi on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

As far as I can see the new levels work well. Good work
Only in the Bloog Defense System there are two problems:
1. The elevator up from left of the cannon only goes up once and will never come back. (the same thing happens with the last bip-controlled elevator in the level before.) So if you miss it, you'll have to start over. I don't know if you want it like this
2. There is one jump at the right in this level which you could only reach in easy mode, it's too high in the other modes.

Strangely, your updated underground dome is worse than before. I liked the elevator more than the bridge with the graphical errors. and (in normal) the gik and one of the two blue blooglets got stuck in their place from the start.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

i fixed the bloog defense systems and undergrond dome bugs , the bloog trade center is still one way , because that one is clearly visible and hard to miss
Mink

Post by Mink »

It's nice to see that someone has finally made some Keen 6 levels.

Underground Dome: This is a neat little level, but it has a few tiling errors, such as the bridge. Also, like Tulip said, you can just walk right from the start.

Future Idea: I didn't particularly like this level. Although it's an interesting idea, I found it almost unplayable. When I saved or loaded, the screen centered on Keen, even when he was off screen. Is this supposed to happen?

New Adventure: This is my favorite level, but there are a few problems. I couldn't jump to the yellow gem (even trying the way you mentioned). I would recommend shortening this jump a little bit and there are some tiling errors. For example, the tree at the beginning is missing a base.

Chaos Tunnels: This is a good level, and I couldn't find any glaring errors, just a few small ones. For instance, one of the falling platforms near the yellow gem holder falls through ground, and I couldn't find a way to get across the spikes and glowing orbs near the green gem holder except ducking as the platform moves up. Is this the intended way to get across?

Bloog Trade Center: I found this level to be too short, and there's not much do. I think that it could use some work. The only major error I found involves not having a flag holder on the map.

Bloog Defense Systems: I like this level. One problem is that "Defense" is spelled with an "s" in the level entry text, but it's spelled with a "c" on the pause screen in the level. Also, the platform to the right of the screen goes up forever and gets stuck in the top of the screen after Keen flicks the switch.

In terms of general errors, Bloogville can be reached from the map reached from the map, and I would recommend capitalizing the level names.

Overall, I think this is a nice level pack, and that it has quite a bit of potential. Nice job!
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

the long awaited past 3 of the keen6 pack is ready

http://www.savefile.com/files/1979622

it has 3 new levels

(the levels were ready 2 weeks after release 2 , but the world map didn't and it was a week holiday , afterwards (sorry about it) i just forgot it for 2 months , today i was thinking about it again and quickly completed it , (the levels were already tested with the warp cheat) , so now is unofficial release 3 out of the "amount unknown"
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Great news. I'm looking forward to playing it.
levellass

Post by levellass »

First up, when you release a level pack, you don't need the following files: and .BAKs, MAPSCK6.H, MAPTHEAD, the demos (These must be imported) EGADICT TEDINFO or GFXINFOE.

Second up, the levels themselves; the rocket hasn't been to badly modified, but there is an error on your level map, check the tile that appears when Keen teleports away, it's red, not black....

Level 1, Rainbow hill is a nice little level (Some would say too little, but this is not true.) acting as a simple introduction to your levelpack. The only complaint I have here goes for all your levels, it is not quite 'neat' enough, and I only notice this because I myself am pedantic with little details of ground tile placement.

Crystal city: Devious on hard, just devious, took me hours to finish. More neatness issues (The ground, one of your platforms cuts through a wall...) and this level has some devious door mazes. The jump stunts too can be troublesome, and I learned to hate those little beetles. I experienced an error on leaving, the done marker tile was gibberish.

Underground dome: More neatness troubles (I skipped part of your level by ledegripping a solid wall.) I never did figure out those two switches at the level end. Another joy to play, even on hard.