Keen 3 mod: Episode -

Showcase your completed mod here!
CaptainKeen

Post by CaptainKeen »

I XkyKeen3 is really as good as I expected it to be. And I find it much greater than xkykeen2 wich whas better then xkykeen1. Maybe that the people that play xkykeen3 find it better than you think they do. not everyone posts a messages WOOT WOOT WOOT!!! so maybe you don't know it.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

^ Yeah. Xky's attitude is a bit annoying, he wants it or not, he's the best modder anyways. :)
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

I think level 15 *was* the hardest one.

And I finished this past Saturday - I got 139,208 points on Normal. Just kicks, I started up the game on Hard - holy crap! I had some difficulty even on the first level!
XkyRauh

patches!!

Post by XkyRauh »

adurdin wrote: In a little while, once most Keeners have had a chance to play XkyKeen3, I'll post the relevant Ankh patches in the Keen:Vorticons section.
*nudge nudge* :-) Spread the love...

--Xky
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I think level 15 *was* the hardest one.

And I finished this past Saturday - I got 139,208 points on Normal. Just kicks, I started up the game on Hard - holy crap! I had some difficulty even on the first level!
LOL, first I thought this was Episode Smile topic -- and wondered how you managed to get so many points, and then realized you talking about Normal and Hard and realized it's not. :p
Veke

Post by Veke »

I want to play this mod, but when it starts, the pictures are all messed up. Help?
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

do you start it with the keen3.exe or the bat file?
if you use keen3.exe it is normal there it isn't playable
Veke

Post by Veke »

I start it with xkykeen3.bat... but wait! It works now! Looks like it just needed a bit time :)
Veke

Post by Veke »

Double post sorry ^^

YES! I DID it! Level 16 was hard as hell for me (mainly because I was all out of Raygun) but with a lot of practice, I won! Awesome mod! I will try Xkykeen1 and Xkykeen2 too now.

EDIT: Can't download them anywhere :(
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Get them from The Garg's Mod Maze at Keeniverse.
Veke

Post by Veke »

Wow! So much mods! Thanks.
Nisaba

Re: Keen 3 mod: Episode -

Post by Nisaba »

@XkyRauh
I'm currently updating the KeenWiki Vorticon section starting with my favorite mods. And Episode - is one of the leads of this list. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find any naming hints on your lovely designed creatures of this splendid and most innovative gameplay. Did you had something in mind back in the day, while creating them? Some working titles or anything...

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Episode_Dash

btw, I'd like to ask you if I might borrow one of these sprites for an upcoming mod. I can send you demo footage to give you an idea, if you wish...