PATCH REQUEST: Elites killed in one shot

Completed patches for Keen2.
Ezjay

PATCH REQUEST: Elites killed in one shot

Post by Ezjay »

Im sorry i'm requesting this many patches but i really need them. I promise they will be worth it, too. Soon I'll be posting some screens for you guys to see what im working on.

Since a lot baddies have patches to change their strength, i figured it might just be doable to make me a patch for the Vorticon Elite.
So Adurdin/Keenrush/Levellord, you think you can help me out?
grelphy

Post by grelphy »

I could use a patch like this, also. As it is, I find that three hits takes away a whole bunch of great spots for 733ts because they are too hard to kill.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Wow; I just today thought to search that strength, normal vorticon strength, robot and elite shooting height! :) I'll post when/if find that.

Edit: Forgot to say that can't wait for the screens! :) Anyways, dunno if you have noticed, but here's the patch:
viewtopic.php?t=347

Also, too bad I couldn't find that robot shooting height. I tried searching it, but couldn't find. I didn't search elite one, yet..
Ezjay

Post by Ezjay »

Yeah thanks a lot Keenrush, it's a good thing you have mastered the art of patching as well.
And ehm i dont think you need patching to change the elites shooting height. Can't tell you the correct method but I altered the height by simply modkeening the sprite.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

^ I know that way, but the shooting heights of elite and robot replacement are totally different heights, and I would like to get the thing look good..
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

You can enlarge one of the sprites then alter its hitbox so it looks a certain size. Works for me.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Grrh, I don't want to add extra 'emptiness' to the sprites, that affects to some people's TSRs. I'm sure there's some value, unless it isn't made some 'sprite_height / 5 + 1'-way or something. But the problem is to find it. Better make a new search sometime..