I'm looking for patch help

Request patches for Keens 4-6.
loop4ever

I'm looking for patch help

Post by loop4ever »

Hi I'm pretty new here, but I'm not a new Commander Keen fan.

Anyway I came looking for some patches for Keen5, about three patches to be exact, though I may need some other ones.

1: I would like a patch that changes the Shelley so that instead of it exploding or jumping off an edge and disappearing; it will create an explosion, and throw something off the edge (not it self), I want the Shelley to do all this without dying, (so It can basically throw stuff or make explosions).

Also If it's possible I would like the character to be stunnable and for it to not vanish when shot, (maybe it could use one of the unused flag sprites?).

2: I would like the Shockshund's energy barks to not kill keen only stun him (Like in Keen6 when the Bloogaurds whack the ground with their clubs) by using the stunned keen sprite.

3: I don't know if this last patch is possible, but I read in the KeenWiki that the mooning variable is still in the game's tile code. So I was wondering: Is it possible to activate this action with a patch and allow Keen to produce the mooning action when in contact with a certain tile?

Ok, so that's it, I really hate bothering, and I wish I could learn how to patch for myself. You guys should make videos on patching.
loop4ever

Re: I'm looking for patch help

Post by loop4ever »

# 2 I've already solved myself.
loop4ever

Re: I'm looking for patch help

Post by loop4ever »

#1 I haven't solved but I compromised and gave the Shelley another patch I liked.

#3 I don't think is possible and I no longer care much about the patch.