re: mindbelt cmd's

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
reble

re: mindbelt cmd's

Post by reble »

It has been a while since I used Mindbelt. I need a basic page of cmd''s on how to use Mindbelt with Cmd Keen Vorticons please.

Steve
Nisaba

Re: re: mindbelt cmd's

Post by Nisaba »

not quite sure what you are looking for. the download comes with a "how to". you might wanna check it...
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Mindbelt
troublesomekeen

Post by troublesomekeen »

In Mindbelt,

Use Arrow keys to scroll around the level
Left-Click to place a tile
Use the + or - keys to zoom in and out
Cursor over a tile in the level, you can select it with Right-Click
Press T to toggle between the level and tileset
See the Tools tab for more helpful level-building shortcuts
Click the File tab and Open any level, 01 - 90
Level 80 is the World Map.
Level 90 is used for Info, High Scores, Story, Title, Credits, etc
You can toggle among the levels you Opened in Mindbelt with the Levels tab.
reble

Post by reble »

I am trying to use Mindbelt again. it is asking for a file for CMD Keen, the file is "1til0000.bmp" I can't find the file and Mindbelt won't load any level without it. Also I can't get Midbelt to change the dir as to were the game is
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

reble wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:23 pm I am trying to use Mindbelt again. it is asking for a file for CMD Keen, the file is "1til0000.bmp" I can't find the file and Mindbelt won't load any level without it. Also I can't get Midbelt to change the dir as to were the game is
you need to either extract it yourself (via ModKeen for e.g.) or you can download iKeen which comes with a folder containing all graphics you need. Simply copy and paste "1til0000.bmp" into your Mindbelt folder and you should be good to go.
reble

Post by reble »

K thanks Nisaba for the info. I downloaded both just in case. Again many thanks
reble

Post by reble »

Nisaba Mindbelt is working. I make the changes in the level. But when I save the level I get the following error message (I have made the same changes before using Mindbelt and it worked) "fatal run time error: bad file numeber <-1>" and Mindbelt stops working and drops out to the Win desktop.

PS: when Mindbelt looks for the "1til0000.bmp file. The prog isn't looking in the right dir for the bmp file. If I tell it no then to look in the right dir. Mindbelt doesn't see the bmp file and the level doesn't load
reble

Post by reble »

I figured out the cmd's and controls of "IKeen.exe" enough to make the mod's that I want to CMD Keen vs the voltrons level01.ck1. The help file for IKeen is of very little use in fig out the controls in the prog. I fig out copy a block and place the block by trial and error.
I am still having the "fatal run time error" in Mindmelt. I know the cmd''s and controls in Mindmelt better. But what ever I try I can't save the level. I keep getting the "fatal run time error".

Steve
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

reble wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:19 am I figured out the cmd's and controls of "IKeen.exe" enough to make the mod's that I want to CMD Keen vs the voltrons level01.ck1. The help file for IKeen is of very little use in fig out the controls in the prog. I fig out copy a block and place the block by trial and error.
I am still having the "fatal run time error" in Mindmelt. I know the cmd''s and controls in Mindmelt better. But what ever I try I can't save the level. I keep getting the "fatal run time error".

Steve
sorry, I can't reproduce your error. can please tell me what you did step-by-step? screenshots would be nice as well but aren't necessarily needed.