Number of Council Members Needed to Complete Game

Completed patches for Keen4.
Bubbbatom

Number of Council Members Needed to Complete Game

Post by Bubbbatom »

Hey there, Bubbatom here (having trouble accessing my old account so I'm Bubbbatom for the moment).
Got a couple of patch requests coming over the next couple days / weeks and to start me off I'm wondering if there's a way to reduce the number of council members required to win the game?
Cheers
Nisaba

Re: Number of Council Members Needed to Complete Game

Post by Nisaba »

hey there Bubbatom,
long time no see. Good to have you around.

here is the patch you've requested. you can simply reduce the number of council members by changing the value $08 into (nearly) anything you need.

Code: Select all

#What wins game (Default 8 members)
%patch $6AE4  $7A5EW  $08 $74
Are you about to finish both of your beautiful looking mods? please don't hesitate to ask for any patches! with excitement I'm looking forward to updates on your upcoming mods. I'll help, where I can and I'm sure the community will support you, too.

ps.: to fix your account problems @Fleexy is the one to talk to. he definitely can help you merging your two accounts into one working.
levellass

Post by levellass »

The Keenwiki is a trove of patches, often with notes. Start your journey here: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Category:All_patches
Bubbbatom

Post by Bubbbatom »

Cheers for that Nisaba, works like a treat!
I'm working hard away at one of them yes! Everything is coming together nicely

My next request is whether there's a way so that keen can exit a wetsuit level as he would a regular level (out the side of the map) because currently this doesn't trigger the completion of a level.

Thanks
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

which one is it you are currently working on? IIRC one of both was about 95% done for quite some time.

your request:
I cannot reproduce your issue. when placing a wetsuit in a level with a regular level exit, both options do trigger the win state on my side. so I need to ask what you are up to. is it...
a) the player can either exit the level normally or find the wetsuit which then automatically ends and wins the level?
b) the player can collect the wetsuit, which won't end the level, so he still has to search for an exit?

maybe, and therefore I'll have to look inside your patch file, some patches might be conflicting.
if you could, please give me a bit more detail about this very issue.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I believe he means the Well of Wishes.

Patches relating to it are here: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Patch:Well_Of_Wishes

Specifically this patch will allow you to walk off the level sides to exit. As a side effect however it changes the level's scrolling which may or may not look right. (A patch preserving the scrolling may be possible.)

#WoW exits and scrolls normally
%patch $905B $90 $90
Bubbbatom

Post by Bubbbatom »

Thanks Lass, that patch works a treat! Yeah I might need to look into retaining the regular WoW scrolling later down the track I think though if it's at all possible.

Sorry Nisaba I should have been a bit more clear! Seems I've got a knack for being a bit cloudy in my requests. I'm working on Ocflore at the moment as I'm really enjoying it and it's getting closer to completion

So my next request should be fairly simple? I would like the bounder to take 3 shots before being stunned

Thanks guys
levellass

Post by levellass »

A little trickier than you'd think. Does your patchfile use any 'EGA check skip' patches (Those starting '%patch $3CF6')
Bubbbatom

Post by Bubbbatom »

I think it does,

#Disable EGAGRAPH check in Keen 4 (Frees 389 bytes at $3CF6)
%patch $3CE5 $90 $90
If it's a bit of a hassle that's okay, the enemy doesn't have to behave like this.
Bubbbatom

Post by Bubbbatom »

I'm also wondering how easy it would be to have the lick be unstunnable?
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

These are tasks only levellers can solve...
In the meantime, is there anything else you wanna tweak?
levellass

Post by levellass »

Bubbbatom wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:54 am I'm also wondering how easy it would be to have the lick be unstunnable?

#Lick blocks shots but is not stunnable
%patch $1140D $57 $9A $0D8F0D43RL     $83 $C4 $02 $5F $5E $5D $CB