KeenWave 0.5

A catch-all of miscellaneous Keen:Modding utilities.
levellass

Re: KeenWave 0.5

Post by levellass »

Some sound slots are unused.

The simplest are the Vorticons series, here are Keen 1, 2 and 3's sounds in wave form. The list file with each one gives the name of the sounds as the game has them, which makes identifying them quite easy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wcbgktfcbn1g ... C.zip?dl=0

Vorticons has 64 sound slots per game, though only around 2/3 are used.

Here is an example extraction of the Keen 4 adlib sounds (There are 52.): https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8pff0mmux6k1 ... b.zip?dl=0
Wodd

Post by Wodd »

So far, things are looking up. I imported the sounds and found the total quantity to be 181. Since episode 4 has 52 sounds, I might have been missing some of them before indeed. I had only 38 before. The same might be true for episodes 5 and 6. It definitely looks like I will likely need to use instrument mode on this one. By the way, I was incorrect in my previous post. The total quantity of sounds was 73. Episode 4 had only 38 sounds. Episode 5 had 22. Episode 6 had 13. Judging by episode 4 having 14 sounds more in your set than I had before, it seems reasonable that episodes 5 and 6 have more than the quantities mentioned prior as well. I await the remaining sound sets. Thank you again for all of your help, Levellass. By the way, I need only the sounds from the original games (the Vorticons series, the Goodbye, Galaxy! series, and Keen Dreams). There is no need for you to send modified sounds, as these can arguably be any sounds that are present on the computer. I care to have only the original sounds from the games. That is for clarification, in the case that you were curious if I wanted sounds from modified versions of the games.
Wodd

Post by Wodd »

I don't mean to bother you, Levellass, as you are probably quite busy. But, did you get the rest of the sounds extracted and compiled into an archive or a set of archives so that I can download them? I am missing:
  1. The PC Speaker sounds from Keen 4.
  2. Both sets of sounds from Keen 5 (at least, in their entirety (?)) (as the set that I had for Keen 4 before your "official" set was clearly incomplete and hte sets for Keen 5 and Keen 6 might be also).
  3. Both sets of sounds from Keen 6 (See note above.).
  4. Both sets of sounds (?) from Keen Dreams. I am not sure if Keen Dreams contains both AdLib and PC Speaker sounds.
As mentioned before, I don't care about sounds from modified versions, as this makes the set endless. I simply want the sounds from the 7 main games. Thank you again for all of your help and the sound sets that you have provided.
levellass

Post by levellass »

My apologies, the recent loss of employment has caused financial troubles which have limited my output of late. At any rate these are all the PC sounds from Keen Dreams, 4, 5 and 6; also containing the Vorticons PC sounds just for completion: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7apqc07p7jzf ... s.zip?dl=0

Hope to get all the adlib sounds in one package as soon as circumstances warrant.
Wodd

Post by Wodd »

I am sorry to read about your loss of employment. That is definitely a bummer. You definitely should get reestablished before continued work with the Keen games. That does explain your delayed response, though. I did find the delay quite odd. I wish you the best in your endeavor to get reemployed. I will also be waiting for the package containing the AdLib sounds. Thanks a hundred billion (that is, 100 Grand million). 😆