The CK Guy's Keen 5 Level Pack

Request patches for Keens 4-6.
ckguy

The CK Guy's Keen 5 Level Pack

Post by ckguy »

Yes! Release one is here! Now the only thing I need to do is email it to someone with a webpage ... I already have emailed it to KeenRush and MultiMania. If someone else wants it, well just say so!

[edit:] Well, not any more! Just download it below. (Thanks, Andy!)

Dowload it here!

-->The CK Guy

This sentence no verb.

The latest version is Release Five, available here.
Last edited by ckguy on Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Ah! Brilliant work of art! :)
Keep up the good work, those were awesome levels. Can't wait to get playing the rest if you make more.
xtraverse
Patch Crafter

..?

Post by xtraverse »

xtraverse at spatang dot com will work.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Xtraverse: Download it at the link in my first post. Andy uploaded it! And could you download it from here and upload it at spatang.com?

Did anyone find some of the sneaky secret passages in MS Tech Support? Without F10 + Y?

Hmmm, that reminds me: Andrew, could you please figure out how to change/disable the cheats. I'd like to disable F10 + Y for the next release of the level pack.

KeenRush: Glad you liked them! Yes, I am planning on making more. I'm also considering completely re-doing the world map, but I'm not sure, that sounds like too much work ...

-->The CK Guy

This sentence no verb.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Hmmm, I didn't find those secret passages, better try again..

Yeah, making a new world map is lot's of work, but it is worth of it. :) By the way, there's a bit about that (world map editing) on one CKNewsletter issue:
http://www.spatang.com/cknews/nov30_03.txt
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

(too bad they don't have those nice emitokeens here like at the PCKF)

*mortlol* You'll never find the secret passages. At least, I don't think you will ...

Oh did you finish both levels, KeenRush? If so, good, I was worried that people wouldn't be able to figure ou how to get back up from underneath the twirling light bulb rod in The Omega Guard ...
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Of course I finished! And gotta say, I was a bit lost in the other one! :D
XkyRauh

argh

Post by XkyRauh »

Invisible walls, ground that's not solid, and switches that alter keygem holders... I surrender! :-(

I don't want to knock you for the amount of time you've put in... but perhaps consider a more traditional level pack next time? :-}

--Xky
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

I'm planning on making more levels--I'll try to make those more normal if you want ... :-P
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Try again Xky, it is quite "logical". And about un-traditional level pack, try "Funny".. ;)
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

I started to play 'Funny' ... great first level ... couldn't get the second level though ... how do you do that one!!!???

*ahem* Back on topic: About my level pack: I've made a slight change of plans ... I am now working on The Atrium. It replaces Defense Tunnel Sorra. It will have one area in it with the Korath III background (that's the atrium part). I will get back to Fuses, Unlimited after that.

Oh, Xky: You forgot about the doors that aren't there -- *hint hint* That's one of the secret areas ...

KeenRush: That CK Newsletter article you mentioned--I couldn't find anything about the world map. I did find stuff about how they did some of that stuff about the Keen Asylum.

Some parts of that weren't very clear--when you use a switch to change where a door goes, how do you know where it will do after that?

*ahem ahem* Back on topic, again: So, I am still working on the level pack. I think I'll make a new secret level, I'll put the teleporter ([edit:] The teleporter that leads to the secret level, I mean.) in The Atrium or Fuses, Unlimited. I'll also edit the world map a bit, so that the secret level stuff works differently, I don't want to use a teleporter to get back from the secret level. Maybe I'll use the blank tile that was the teleporter entrance for something else ... some other invisible tile that will be involved in secret areas in the levels ... I did make I Keen 4-6 TileInfo remember--everyone seemed interested in it before I released it, but not afterwards ... Oh well.

So, in a nutshell: There are more levels coming!
Last edited by ckguy on Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Sounds great. :) I'm sure the level will be very nice..

Oh, and I can't remember what the second level was.. Hmmm, if it was that one with room filled with dots/balls and spinning fires, there are "invisible" doors in that background. Just press "up".
Or in case it was that level with that spinning fire blocking your way somewhere, here's a little tip: When you enter door and step out from some other door, you are in god-mode for a very small time! ;)

Oh, and I remembered that they said something about the world map teleports..

And probably your program will be used, when seriously Keen 4-6 modding hits us. ;)
MultiMania
Patch Master

The Levels

Post by MultiMania »

Well done!!

I've just got off a cruise and haven't been able to check my e-mail until now.

The levels are awesome (and no, I haven't found the secret areas yet! ;)
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

All right, I've done a bit of work on The Atrium, and I have implemented the secret entrance to the secret level. I have a few questions though ...

When does Keen say that you're on the "Korath III Base" (with <enter> dropdown status window)? What triggers the game to let it know that you're back on the Omegamatic? It it going through the teleport? I'd like to figure out these naming issues before I do world map editing ...
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Another update ... I won't include MAPTEMP.CK5 and MAPTHEAD.CK5 in the next release ... I'll make use of the new release of TEDSETUP ... more info in the docs of the next release.