Request for a vorticon replacement sprite

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Stealthy71088

Request for a vorticon replacement sprite

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Hello there,

I'm started working on my mod again and I've run into a problem. My vorticon replacement looks really bad. I've redrawn it and redrawn it and I just haven't been able to make anything that looks right. This was what caused me to stop working on it last time, so I'd really like to fix this.

Would one of you like to draw the sprite for me?

It's supposed to be a garg king. Quite literally a garg running around with a crown on its head. However, I want it to look different from the Keen1 gargs. Ideally, I'd like it to walk around looking sideways, like the bio-gargs from keen 9. It can walk, run, jump, and do everything a normal vorticon can do. I'd also like it to be the same size as the vorticon sprite.

Thank you for any help you can offer,

Stealthy
troublesomekeen

Post by troublesomekeen »

Which episode is this for?
And which creature is this replacing?
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Episode 1, Vorticon
troublesomekeen

Take a look at this video, and tell me what you think.
http://youtu.be/3fv_wwWoTtw
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

I like it! It fits the bill as required, and has some comic value what with the protruding eye-antennae through the crown.

Perhaps the sides of his face should have a pixel or two more shading when turned to one/both sides?!?! I suppose that traditionally the right-hand side of objects in Keen1 is shaded.

Stealthy, your project sounds intriguing... it isn't perchance a retelling of the landing of Viking on the despotic Garg king is it? You don't have to answer that question if you don't wanna give away your plot!
troublesomekeen

Benvolio wrote:I like it! It fits the bill as required, and has some comic value what with the protruding eye-antennae through the crown.
Perhaps the sides of his face should have a pixel or two more shading when turned to one/both sides?!?!
Right you are! I'm fixing the shading now. Next is the stunned sprites.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Beautiful, this is exactly what I was looking for!

@Benvolio- Yup, that's exactly what my mod is going to attempt to do.
troublesomekeen

So glad you like it, Stealthy! I was quite stumped on how to add the crown, but then it clicked.

It was a lot of work, even though it's such a small sprite. The Keen 9 BioGargs was a huge help to me in getting that sideways view you wanted.
Still some work left to do, mainly the "getting-stunned" sprites.
Cheers!

EDIT: Here's a closer look at the King of all Gargs: http://youtu.be/YbR8TZjwfZg
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

The death animation looks very good. This sprite is perfect for my mod, thank you so much!
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Haha now is the time to get this mod rolling out onto the shelves... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19144464
levellass

Post by levellass »

It had been years, many years since the Ovethrow that had ended the first Garg dynasty (With emphasis on the 'nasty'.). And many more since the Great Invasion., where the full might of earth had been unleashed upon a hapless Garg republic (That was their story and they were sticking with it.) For a long time they had fallen into anarchy and tribalism. Garg had fought Garg. Yorp had fought Garg, Garg had fought rock. But finally, after all that time, after all the struggle, after all the death and desolation, they had rebuilt, after a fashion.

The Holy Pogo stick had been stolen, the temples ransacked, and the young Garg prince's prize teddybear stolen from right under his nonexistent nose. Earth would pay. The new Garg ruler would bring a wave of destruction the like of which they could never imagine. Soon the toys, ALL the toys, would be theirs.

It was then it appeared in the sky. Small at first, then growing rapidly larger. When it hit there was no defense, even the new ruler's special reinforced hat could not cope with the most massive probe yet sent.

And, unnoticed amidst the cheers and tears and jubilation at Mission Control, one young man sat quietly, observing the preprogrammed course adjustments that had ever so gently nudged the rover's landing trajectory on his computerwrist.