Need help with graphics;

ModKeen mods Tiles and Sprites in all episodes of Commander Keen.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Right; the first two values are where your hitbox will start and finnish; these must be the same as your new hitbox. For example, if your new arachnut is 48 high and 48 wide, with a grey border of 4 pixels on all sides you change a value to:

304: [4, 4, 44, 44], [0, 0], 1

Showing that the hitbox starts at 4,4 [Top left corner] and goes to 44,44 [Bottom right corner]

Now the rnext two values are the sprite offset; say you've made the arachnut 18 pixels higer, now it is stuck in the ground! How can this be fixed? We must change the height bit of the last value and make it 18 less:

304: [4, 4, 44, 44], [0, -18], 1

This means that your sprite now walks on the ground, yay! Take note of the values used and think smart, changing the last 2 values by one each animation will make the sprite 'wobble' up and down by 1 pixel as it walks along, experiment and see.

The last value is how many copies of the sprite are stored in memory, either 1,2 or 4; the higher the number the 1337er your animation looks, but the more memory it uses. All the arachnuts use only 1, which means their animation can sometimes look a bit choppy, but they're not important enemies.
najawa

Concerning my Arachnut:

Post by najawa »

LL: thank you; this was a lot easier to understand that the readme. I think I'll skip the wobble, because I don't want it to look like a bug. I think I'll strore 2 copys into memory, unless that causes problems.

XKy: It's not too big; I got Keen 4 to load it: It just wouldn't walk on the platform. This should be fixed soon.

TY

-- NAJAWA --
najawa

Gave it away:

Post by najawa »

I finnally decided to not use this graphic in my mod; instead; I gave it to freeyorp101 on the PCKF to use in his Keen mod. I will focuse on more star warsish graphics. Thaks for your help; freeyorp101 told me he was able to use your comments to get it to work in his mod.

Thanks

-- NAJAWA --

(BTW - It's been a bit just a bit quite here the past week)
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Yeah, you get that, usually they're only 1.5-2 week long 'lags'
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

levellord wrote:Yeah, you get that, usually they're only 1.5-2 week long 'lags'

Sorry, I've been doing homework til around 10 every night, so i havent had time to work on the game, let alone post. What artwork I have done for my final theme looks awesome though

Najawa this sprite is amazing. I don't know where you get the time to do keen4 modding. How long did it take you to make it?

So now there are three doing 4-6 stuff. Xky, Najawa, and freeyorp101. Should be cool what comes up.
najawa

Oh... That:

Post by najawa »

Well, that sprite was first quickly whipped up for XKy as an insparational tool, but when he said he didn't need it, I just moved some things around so that I had 4 different pictures, and then I gave them masks and clipping tiles, and uploaded them. Around 20 minutes.

I was home sick today; I really wasn't getting enough sleep. Plus, I didn't have much homework, because I've been using my study hall period pretty well, though, now my keen fan-fic, and my epic "Ronald the Swift," are starting to take up my free time. I am, still, keeping an eye on the forums every now and then... okay, a lot.

Well, thats about it. I'm glad you like it, but freeyorp101 gave it some sheet metal plating, and it looks fabulous. I can't wait to see his stunned sprite. Plus, he is trying to use multiple mods that link to each other... we have yet to see the results of the experiment.

-- NAJAWA --