carmackization problem

Utilities for editing Keen:Galaxy and Keen:Dreams levels.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

carmackization problem

Post by Ceilick »

ok, I got ted5 to actually run on one of my computers. I edited part of a level(not alot so if it messed up, which it did, i woudlnt lose anything important) and then saved. Then I selected carmackization, it started doing somthing then ted5 just shut down. I did this again through command and got the error "ted5 error: Lengh < 0". What does this mean, and how can i fix it?
najawa

Windows:

Post by najawa »

What version of windows did you get it to run on? I can not get Ted5 to work on any Windows computer... but I'm still working on it.

Good luck; you taking a leap into something we all have been afraid of: You may be starting something bigger than yourself. Now I want to do a Keen 4 mod... I just have to convince Latyvo to do most of the work. >:-9

Good luck... I'd be more helpful If I could get my version of Ted5 to work.

-- NAJAWA --
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

I got it to run on a windows 98. I may be pretty far along graphic wise, but I find everything else about a keen 4 mod very frustratingly slow. I cant figure out the keen 4-6 tile info program, cant figure out alot of patching,progress would be so much better if i could get ted5 working.
najawa

Oh... 98;

Post by najawa »

Oh, Good old 98: I like it because it can play keen, and also is compatible with my memory stick, so I can move my mod around a lot.

I have one in my basement I guess I better wake up from 2000.

BTW - What do you mean by frusteratingly slow?

-- NAJAWA --
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

frustratingly slow in that ive been working on this mod since modkeen was availible for keen 4-6, and i havent been able to see any of my work fit into a level the way the graphics were meant to be. i dont really know how to explain it better except that i want to be able to do the graphics and level simultaniously, and so far thats been an impossibility.