TED5 - ????????????????

Utilities for editing Keen:Galaxy and Keen:Dreams levels.
Fleexy
Site Admin

TED5 - ????????????????

Post by Fleexy »

What does this error mean? I get it when I try to load gamemaps that TPT had edited into TED5 or when loading the CK Guy's Keen 5 Level Pack:

ERROR: Plane x is too large!

x=0,1,2

I was trying to load the CK Guy's Keen 5 Level Pack 'cause I really want to see how he does the "double toggle" thing.

If I actually run TED5, for TPTitized levels it shows garbage and for the level pack it crashes with "not enough extended memory". Any ideas?

-Fleexy
Mink

Post by Mink »

I think this is caused by TPT using fake carmackization. It doesn't actually compress the levels, which is what TED5 does. I'm not sure if there's any way to open those levels, but I'll look into it.

CK Guy described how he implemented "Double Toggle" here.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Yeah, sorry, my levelpack is not currently able to be loaded into TED5 or TPT because of the 'fake carmackization' - and I lost the original MAPTEMP/MAPTHEAD files nearly a year ago, so I would have to decide to sit down and patch together some one-time-use program to be able to get the levels into a format that TED5 or TPT could load.

Since this topic brought up two of my dormant projects, this seems like a good a time as any to ask - which would people rather see me work on?
levellass

Post by levellass »

Which two projects are those, exactly?
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Look over at his poll in PCKF: http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=495
levellass

Post by levellass »

Oh most definitely the editor. I've made a program myself for splitting GAMEMAPS.CKX into individual levels (And back again.) But this is far more functional and useful.
Mink

Post by Mink »

levellass wrote:Oh most definitely the editor. I've made a program myself for splitting GAMEMAPS.CKX into individual levels (And back again.) But this is far more functional and useful.
I'd love to see that program. We could use it to have a Keen 4/5/6 level contest.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Silly me, TED5 does it itself. *Sigh*