Mindbelt | The Keener's Editor (version 1.3)

Utilities for editing Keen:Vorticons levels.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

i have some problems with mindbelt

1.if i play keen3 generated by mindbelt , the value of candy bars is 500 and big n beefy burger 100 , i think thats not normal

2.i make something i later want to edit , i won't overwrite

3.i just made a new world map , but keen won't appear , and yes i have set him (not on a wall or something)

and can somebody link some teleporters on the world map , after reading levellord's guide , i actually just know 1% more
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

1. That's really weird. What level editor you are using shouldn't have any effect on this at all. Could you upload the files you are having trouble with? (All of the files required to play the levels, not just the level##.ck3 files.)

2. Hmmm, also weird. When you were making your levels in the Keen 1 and 3 level packs, it seemed that many of your levels were based on the original levels. It seems you were able to overwrite them then. When you create new levels, you need to be sure to give them a filename of the form level##.ck# because that is what Keen and Mindbelt are both looking for.

3. Again, I don't know. Just upload what you have, and someone will have a look.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

1.on my first made keen3 lvl pack , just go to lvl1 and take a choclat , and you see that you will hav 500 points , (or at least ,by my did it)

2.i always start with a blank file , the lvl looks maybe like a original , but i alway start with nothing

3.i will upload that later

edit : keen do now appear , but i still not know why he know do

still need someone to link the teleporters
Last edited by shikadi on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

IIRC, the chocolate and burger in Keen 3 have opposite values for some reason. It's not the level editor, it's just the game.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

genius314 wrote:IIRC, the chocolate and burger in Keen 3 have opposite values for some reason. It's not the level editor, it's just the game.
Just checked and this is true! Why isn't this better-known? Why is the keenwiki wrong??

(edit) Maybe the different background versions of the tiles have different point values ... how come I haven't heard this discussed anywhere?
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

There were discussions of this many years ago, and I thought it had become common knowledge. I don't recall if it was the tile-info that was set around the wrong way, or simply a crossed wire in the game itself.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Eh, oh well. I'm a Image apparently. The keenwiki needs some touching up, then.
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Hmm, I tried finding a post that refers to it, but got distracted.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Haha, I remember that. It was ker-split from some thread about bounders, IIRC. And the first post in the split thread is mine ... hmmmm ...
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

When making a world map, it must be of a minimum size and contain only one Keen (value 256) sprite to avoid problems. Teleporters can be a real terror to do (Though In find them easy enough and can link yours up if you want.)

You have some odd errors though; it'd be interesting to see those files. You need to get some space on the CFS site (Or whatever it's called now.)
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

I'm almost positive that the Keen sprite is 255.

And agreed, these are strange errors. You should email grafix5000 [at] gmail [dot] com and ask about a CKFS account.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

http://www.savefile.com/download/139224 ... 96ccd2df72

here you can download world map to link the teles

i gived the teleporters sprites numbers : 11,12,13,14,17,18,38 and 41

can you link them:
11 --> 12
12 --> 11
13 --> 14
14 --> 11
38 --> 18
18 --> 38
41 --> 17
17 --> 41
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Oops, sorry. I feel bad for not doing this. I definitely checked back here between shikadi's and levellord's posts.
Draik

Post by Draik »

Map mode editing isn't very intuitive.

If you have time, maybe introduce a simpler, iKeen-like map editing mode? I would use iKeen, but it's about a stable as a donkey with 1 leg.