32 and 64-bit UNLZEXE

Tools, assembly, and file formats.
gerstrong

32 and 64-bit UNLZEXE

Post by gerstrong »

Hi guys, I'm not sure how you unpack your Exe-files, but I discovered, that this is only possible using DOSbox (under Linux only), which seems to be 16-bit emulation as it is DOS.

I have discovered some source code, which was broken but very recent, version 0.8, and I fixed it adapting it to newer systems.

Afaik it is hard to mod Keen 4-6, and you need that program to pull the graphic headers out.

If someone is interesting in that work, I would supply it somewhere. Just let me know.

I will use it for CG, because I'm looking forward to support Keen 4-6.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I have no problem in Vista unpacking with UNLZEXE and even PKLite, I suspect it is Linux's desire to make everything difficult.
gerstrong

Post by gerstrong »

That's good to know. I hope it will be in future... ;-)
gerstrong

Post by gerstrong »

It seems, that there are guys who are interested.

Give it a try:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clonekeenplus/files/

Here is the file tree of Commander Genius. Just open "Tools->unlzexe" and pick it for your system. Have fun!
Malvineous

Post by Malvineous »

Is this different/better/worse than version 0.9G2 of unlzexe that Anders Gavare of all people ported to *nix? His version compiles and runs fine for me under 32-bit and 64-bit Linux.
gerstrong

Post by gerstrong »

I don't know about that version. The code is based on version 0.8 or 0.9, I don't remember, and I fixed a lot of segmentation faults and memory leaks. I also adapted the variables forcing to be the same size so the algorithms work properly. That is all...

Your link seems to be broken.
Malvineous

Post by Malvineous »

Oh sorry, link fixed. I haven't encountered any segfaults in this version, but there's no mention of fixing any bugs!
gerstrong

Post by gerstrong »

Ahh cool! Seems pretty nice.

I had no idea that someone before did it. My version is C++ Code. I also checked it with valgrind and a newer compiler, but I think that code is also a good one.