Keen 5: second Spindred

Request patches for Keens 4-6.
szemigi

Keen 5: second Spindred

Post by szemigi »

Well, along with the Keen 5 shootable switch, diagonal shooting patch thing, and the flashing Slug patch, I have a plus request.

A 'second Spindred', but with the following features:

1. Sprite bitmaps are:

5SPR0268.BMP
5SPR0269.BMP
5SPR0270.BMP
5SPR0271.BMP

(AKA unused flipping flag animation replacement)

2. Movement:

Same as the original Spindred, except it bounces 2x quicker. And also, it can be killed by 1 shot. The death sprite bitmap is 5SPR0272.BMP

3. Place besides the TOM level editor:

Code it like this:

Easy, normal, hard 'second Spindred' is coded after the easy, normal, hard Sphereful (in the next row where you can see the first 3 yellow lines, if you get what I mean).
levellass

Re: Keen 5: second Spindred

Post by levellass »

By 'bounces 2x quicker' do you mean it changes its bouncy ceiling-floor thing twice as fast, or that it moves through the air twice as fast?
szemigi

Post by szemigi »

Well, this second Spindred exactly bounces like the Spindred, except it is twice as fast. So, to answer your question, it ONLY changes its bouncy ceiling-floor thing twice as fast and nothing else.

(Anyway, this will be the Spindgreen to tell you. I already made the sprites for it on the day you replied. Which was last year...)

Will you be able to make it? Since no answer yet. Or say that it's tricky to make or something else.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I think I can make it if I can find enough time to get the darn thing straight. It's complex but shouldn't be impossible.
szemigi

Post by szemigi »

So when will you make the second Spindred (Spindgreen) patch? Just to make sure you will get into it sometimes.

(As a reminder, read my first post I wrote a year ago.)
szemigi

Post by szemigi »

levellass wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:47 am I think I can make it if I can find enough time to get the darn thing straight. It's complex but shouldn't be impossible.
Can you now make it? I don't bug you with this, just wanna know whether it's still possible.