Entering a pre-defined highscore name

Request patches for Keens 4-6.
Nisaba

Entering a pre-defined highscore name

Post by Nisaba »

Hey there, everybody,

I'm looking for a patch that pre-defines the highscore name, which is required when winning the game.
The reason for this is that the handheld device I am working on has no keyboard input. I've already checked the wiki but couldn't find anything related...
help or hints are appreciated.

Episodes in question: K4 + K5
levellass

Re: Entering a pre-defined highscore name

Post by levellass »

How would this work? The same name is given each time the player gets a high score so that the table eventually fills with 'NAME'? Or each different entry (First, 2nd, 3rd...) gets a high score? It may be possible (But a bit complex) to make it so the up and down arrows increase\decrease a character and the -> arrow moves to the next, allowing the player to input a name with the arrow keys, but I'd have to do a fair bit of research to figure that one out.
Nisaba

Re: Entering a pre-defined highscore name

Post by Nisaba »

The same name is given each time the player gets a high score was the initial idea. I would be pretty happy with this solution, BUT the up and down arrow / name input idea is unbeatable of course. It would be very neat to have such a patch.
if you are interested in cracking it, please do so.

otherwise option a) is decent as well.
I've already discovered a patch which disables entering a new name to the score; this allows new scores to be added, but their name field will always be blank. Instead of the blank space I'd love to have a pre-defined 7 character long name.

Code: Select all

#Don't ask for player's name for new highscore
%patch $5C11 $90 $90 $90 $90 $90
thanks