The CK Guy's Keen 5 Level Pack

Request patches for Keens 4-6.
Quirky Moron

Post by Quirky Moron »

uh... how do you get it to work?
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Get what to work? The new release of TEDSETUP? There's a post about it somewhere here ...
Quirky Moron

Post by Quirky Moron »

CK Guy wrote:Get what to work? The new release of TEDSETUP? There's a post about it somewhere here ...
No, the level pack.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

If I remember correct you have to copy Unlzexe there somewhere and unlzexe your Keen exe.
Then you need to get CKPatch1 there somewhere, and make a bat file that does "ckpatch1 ck_guy.pat".. :)
By the way, in the next version you (CK Guy) should put those files in the zip, since everyone is doing so and the creators don't care.. And it helps a lot! ;)
Quirky Moron

Post by Quirky Moron »

Then you need to get CKPatch1 there somewhere
where the heck do I get CKPatch1?
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

KeenRush meant CK5PATCH. Get CKxPATCH utils here.

KeenRush: Alright, in release 2, I'll include ck_guy.bat and ck5patch.exe version 0.9.0 (it's better that 0.5.1).
Last edited by ckguy on Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Oh, sorry! :o I was worried about the English exam I had today and a bit crazy.. ;) But CK5Patch was what I meant..

Seems good, but the link isn't working..
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Ooooooo! shineee...

Keep up the non-traditional stuff, Keen should be used to its full potetial.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

I've been away from the forum for quite a while! Had midterms, all that crap ...

I worked quite a bit on The Atrium ... *grrr* tried to implement "switches turning of twirly fire things" and "switches changing where doors go", but neither worked. How do those things work?

In working on The Atrium, I got some neat ideas for future levels, I think I'll finish The Atrium and do another level before making release two.

Oh, Andy, could you *please* figure out how to edit cheats in Keen 5? I'd like to disable a couple of them for release two ...
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

You could ask Br1ck, though, I don't have his e-mail..

Edit: Oh, and nice to hear you got some progress. ;)
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Another change:

I've decided just to finish The Atrium before making the next release. It's almost done, hope to get it up this weekend.

Oh, I've now got a webpage, very little content at the moment, but that's where Release Two will by uploaded. My website is http://www.freewebs.com/theckguy. FreeWebs seems like a great server ...
xtraverse
Patch Crafter

bam!@

Post by xtraverse »

Except for its slow as hell download speeds and the ad it makes you put on each page.

And what is with this blue design that I've now seen for three different Commander Keen related web sites?
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Ah, cool! :) I have plenty of spare time this weekend..
Nice you got site up, can't wait to see it's Keen stuff.
Oh, and xtra, I think that's some design that can be selected there or something, but it doesn't matter, it's very nice.
CommanderSpleen

Spleenish.

Post by CommanderSpleen »

*quickly consults "Teach Yourself Spleenish in 24 Hours," which is always kept within hands reach* insanely tripped-out levels. *consults it again* Indeed, there will be more levels to come.
*engages in eruption of noise similar in nature to laughter*

I've got a problem, though... CK5patch wants me to UNLZEXE my KEEN5E.EXE, but Oonlz won't recognise my version... I've tried the 1.4 patch, but it won't recognise it either. I got Asylum working, though... but I guess that didn't use CK5patch, did it? Marrhh.
And what is with this blue design that I've now seen for three different Commander Keen related web sites?
Blue is the colour of devotion... though dark blue is more indicative of obsession. What more suited colour for obsessed Keen fans?

>Commander Spleen
XkyRauh

re: Colors

Post by XkyRauh »

Spleen--"Dark blue = obsession, Blue = devotion" ... why not post what the other colors are linked to over in the ol' Color Theory section? ;-)

Good to see that distributing levels for Keen4-6 is becoming easier, bit by bit.

--Xky