Editing the Loading Screen

Completed patches for Keen4.
Mink

Editing the Loading Screen

Post by Mink »

Wow, my first patch! I apologize if this has been posted before; I didn't find it when I searched the forum, nor did I see it at the patch index.

This patch lets you change the text in the top box (the title and copyright notice) on the loading screen (the one with the purple boxes) that appears as soon as you start the game. Here it is:

Code: Select all

# Replace the loading screen
%patchfile $1FEC0 loading.ck4
Then, put the following into a text file, and save it as loading.ck4:

Code: Select all

²²²²±±±°°°°  °°°°±±±²²²²     Ûº] _C_o_m_m_a_n_d_e_r_ _K_e_e_n_ _i_n_._._._"_G_o_o_d_b_y_e_,_ _G_a_l_a_x_y_!_"_ _º]        ²²²²±±±°°°°  °°°°±±±²²²²     Ûº] ] ] ] ]E_p_i_s_o_d_e_ _I_V_:_ _S_e_c_r_e_t_ _o_f_ _t_h_e_ _O_r_a_c_l_e_ ] ] ] ]º]        ²²²²±±±°°°°  °°°°±±±²²²²     Ûº] ]C]o]p]y]r]i]g]h]t] ]1]9]9]2] ]I]d] ]S]o]f]t]w]a]r]e] ]I]n]c].] _(]v]1].]4])] ]º]        ²²²²±±±°°°°  °°°°±±±²²²²     ÛÈ]Í]Í]Í]
All you have to do now is edit the text in your loading.ck4 file, and you're done!
Shadow Master

Post by Shadow Master »

Quite wrong. You pasted raw data and it was mangled and converted to ASCII. Not good. Won't work.

http://www.keenmodding.org/viewtopic.php?t=921
Mink

Post by Mink »

Are you sure it's wrong? It works fine for me. Here's a screenshot of a loading screen I just edited.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »