PATCH REQUESTS: Essence of Mayhem

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
CommanderSpleen

PATCH REQUESTS: Essence of Mayhem

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Two-frame tiles
The two-frame tile animations are much too fast. The mana pools on my map are making my eyes nauseous. Has anyone patched this yet?

Single-tile doors
Is it possible yet to patch the tiles doors use when opening such that they use only one tile?

Code: Select all

:(   :)
 [1]  [1]
 [2]  [1]
There are others, but they don't come to mind at the moment. I'll update this thread as I remember them.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Couldn't you just use two tiles that look alike? You've never been tile-intensive.

I'm sure Adis patched this...

Hmmn, she did, but never posted, darn that girl! (I don't think it has what you want anyway, sorry.)
CommanderSpleen

Levellass wrote:Couldn't you just use two tiles that look alike? You've never been tile-intensive.
My tileset is almost full, with less than 40 empty tiles. There's a lot still to be squeezed into that space, so the more I can free up, the better.

I recall there was some experimentation into door tiles and such, so I'm hoping something useful might have shown up. Otherwise, it might be necessary to trim some other superfluous tiles.
Last edited by CommanderSpleen on Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
CommanderSpleen

Well, I've found a work-around patch (this thread) that will suffice for the moment. It just stops the doors from sliding down and instead makes them disappear instantly.

This serves my main purpose of freeing up a few more tiles, but hopefully we'll find a way to patch it properly closer to the mod's release.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Well, I guess this means that the mod is still in development. Great! That demo was awesome.
Shadow Master

Post by Shadow Master »

Spleen, you could update your avatar here as you did in the PCKF. ;)
I should get back to work on my mod.