Problem with bridges in Keen3

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
Stealthy71088

Problem with bridges in Keen3

Post by Stealthy71088 »

I'm trying to make bridges in my Keen3 mod and it is proving troublesome. I'm using these patches:

Code: Select all

# Change the bridge block in Keen 3 (in this it's changed to tile 480) 
%patch $80F5 $E0 $01 
%patch $8146 $E0 $01 
I'm also using bridgecalc to calculate the sprites I need to put into the level editor. The problem is the switches themselves. I'm using the standard light switches from Keen3. I've done nothing to them. When I try to press them, sometimes the screen blinks and nothing happens. Sometimes the game just ignores the switch, and acts like it's background. If I press the switch over and over, and try other switches, eventually a bridge will appear with another blink of the monitor. Am I doning something wrong?

I've had no trouble with bridges before. In fact I made a few bridges in a Keen1 mod yesterday. Does anyone know what's going wrong?
levellass

Post by levellass »

*Never* use the lightswitch, ligtswitches are coded in the EXE to be light switches, not bridge switches, try another tile, that should work.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Thank you. I didn't know that the light switch itself could pose a problem. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it'll work. I'll let you know if it gives me trouble.

On a sidenote, I just discovered today that I can calculate teleporter sprites with bridgcalc! That program has been incredibly useful.