More usefulness

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
levellass

More usefulness

Post by levellass »

It could create a quick basic program for doing the endtextext and level hints inKeen 1-3; it would have the advantage that you would type in the text you wanted, as many lines as you wanted and it would automatically size the windows to fit, rearranging code so that you can use as much space per window as you want. (Provided that in total the amount of text you use is not greater than the game can store, a 'space left' counter will keep track of this.)

(The current system involves either some dedicated patching using LL's confusing stuff, or just using the space you have in each window, which can be very limiting.)

The question again is, will it actually be used if it's made? I know I'd like it, but would anyone else?
Freeyorp101

Post by Freeyorp101 »

I would certainly use the program.
XkyRauh

Post by XkyRauh »

That sounds extremely handy. At the very least, the CKCM could make good use of it :)
levellass

Post by levellass »

Tell me, if I want to use the shell command in Quick Basic to combine several files whoose identity depends on a selected option, how do I go about that?

Say, I want to combine file1.txt and *either* file2.txt *or* file3.txt depending on what i select. How would I do that?
levellass

Post by levellass »

Okay; I think I figured out how to do that shell thing, another question I must ask is, how do I print the '"' character, since adding it to an expression will make Quick Basic think it's reached the end of that expression.
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

Code: Select all

PRINT "This string has a double quote " + CHR$(34) + " in it"
Edit: Thanks CK Guy -- corrected it. It's been too long since I did anything in QB...
Last edited by adurdin on Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

adurdin wrote:

Code: Select all

PRINT "This string has a double quote "" in it"
I know that works in VB, but does it work in QB? I thought you had to do a CHR$(34).
levellass

Post by levellass »

CHR$? I shall look this up; i know the doubble quote doesn't work, but yes... I've used CHR beore somewhere...