Jack glitch

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
Stealthy71088

Jack glitch

Post by Stealthy71088 »

This is a very strange glitch. I've never seen anything like it. I put a # in front of all me elevator patches, then I patched the Jack to act like an elevator, having it start to turn to the right. I also had the Jack use the meep's shot kill, so it could go through walls. I then proceeded fill the first column on the left side of level 5 in keen 3 with Jacks. The idea was to make a column of flame that chased you through the level. Instead, I got deadly elevators that just stood there. Keen and the vorticon sprite would leave pictures of himself when he jumped and walked. The camera won't follow keen. It just sits there, and keen can walk off the screen. Everytime I enter the level, the game reconfigures itself. Jump changes from ctrl to home, and alt changes to 5. If you leave the game and return, the configuration stays the same. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Haha, none at all. :D Seems it creates some pretty random behaviour. I believe the reason just simply is something that Jacks were never meant to get those properties, and somehow the code gets all messed up. That is very likely.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

I wonder if it's the meep's bullet behavior that's doing it. Perhaps that's only supposed to be for bullets.

The behavior itself is constant- I can turn off the game and turn it back on, and it'll act the same, with the same weird configuration unless I changed it.