Patches and teleporters

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
Enchantermon

Patches and teleporters

Post by Enchantermon »

Hey, I got a few questions. First of all, I've seen a lot of patches on these forums, and I'd like to know how to use them. Secondly, is there a fairly easy way to use Keenwright to modify where the teleporters have to be placed on the world map? Thidly, can I have more teleporters on the world map than there are originally in the game, and, if so, how? Fourthly, how do I link in-level teleporters to map teleporters? Thanks in advance for any replies. Enchantermon
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Firstly, patches are used by getting CK1Patch. You then create a .BAT file (e.g mymod.BAT) It contains one line of code: ck1patch mypatchfile.pat

The file patchfile.pat will contain the patches found in this forum, a typical example is:

#Status Screen-ln87
%patch 0x019952 "LASERS"
%patch 0x019967 "PLAN"
%patch 0x01997A "KEYS"
%patch 0x01A6AE "Keen"

%end

A simple setup can be found Here, just copy and paste the patches as you will and run the mod.BAT file. (Note the command %ext.ck1 is not understood by some versions of ckpatch.)

Secondly: No there isn't, you'll need a few patches for that.

Thirdly: You can have as many teleporters as you want, but they'll only teleport you TO three locations and you can't teleport to them.

Fourthly: The in level teleporters will always take you to the same place on the map, they are not 'linked' (I think there's a patch, not sure.)
Enchantermon

Post by Enchantermon »

1. Okay, I got Ck1Patch, but the link you set up leads back to this topic.
2. Rats. Do you know which ones I need?
3. Oh. Ouch. Guess I'll have to change my map slightly.... :(
4. Double ouch. :(
Enchantermon
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

1.) Right click, then select save target as then save the file.

2.)Here, and here. may help, Andy might know some others.

3.) Its still versatile, here's an example. (Remember to right click.) Here 6 teleporters are placed, three of which 'work', 3 levels stand directly between teleporters, a false path that takes you to a teleporter you've already been to is also possible.

4.) Hey, it's not so bad, you can usually make up for such limitations by making a large map (90x150 is my favourate size, you can fill huge areas with buildings, lakes, forests, etc)
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

4.) No, that isn't possible, at least I can't remember any topic about that - meaning of course with a patch, that has been asked. :)
Only teleport from level to world map is that thing used in Keen 1 to get Keen on secret level..

Oh, and are you making a mod, E? :)
Enchantermon

Post by Enchantermon »

Yes, I am making a mod. ;) I think I understand how this teleporter thing will work now....I'll make an attempt and come back if I have more problems. Thanks! Enchantermon

P.S. I got the links working, thanks!