Losing the whiskey

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Losing the whiskey

Post by levellord »

In my mod level 16 contains the joystick instead of the whiskey, when I die on level 16 the whiskey is lost even though it was obtained in another level. Anyone know why?
CommanderSpleen

You die! No whiskey for you!

Post by CommanderSpleen »

This post should clear that up.

Basically, stick to the same level for each item as the original game and there'll be no problems. It's completely arbitrary which level each location on the map links to anyway, so it shouldn't make any difference.

Perhaps there's piece of code somewhere that denotes what level contains each item which you could try patching if it really bothers you.

>Commander Spleen
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Maybe Keen drank it? :o

Anyways. Yeah, I was going to say same what Spleen just said. Oh, and sorry, I can't remember seeing a patch for that thing..
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

From my point of view, since you can work around it by simply shuffling your level numbers around, there's not much point in making a patch for it.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Nah, I don't need a patch, I just wanted to know why. Turns out that although you can leave other levels wth an item just by dying instead of exiting ('cheating') level 16 is hard coded to remove any whiskey you have if you die.