Flight to earth sprite.

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Flight to earth sprite.

Post by levellord »

Is it possible to change what sprite is used for Keens ship flying to earth?
(There are two sprites that were meant for use but later left out of the program, 1BMP0011 and 1SPR0030. Both are much larger and offer some interesting possibilities.)
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Doesn't resizing image work on that? The only rule is that image's width and height must be possible to divide with 8. (For example 24/8=3 ok, 25/8=3.125 not ok..)
XkyRauh

re: flight to earth

Post by XkyRauh »

CheesyDave made the sprite completely transparent in his mod, making the end sequence appear to have a big camera pan in it--I thought that was pretty cool. Making the image bigger as KeenRush suggests would make for interesting possibilities, too.

If there is a way to change which sprite NUMBER is used, chances are it won't be any different than if you changed the default sprite graphic itself. The chances of getting an animated sprite in there is slim (cool as that would be)

Good Luck!

--Xky
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

I have found that when a sprite image exceeds a certain size it screws up all the other sprites; I can't seem to make a shot sprite larger than 16 by 32 for example
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Hmmm, I haven't had those problems (at least yet), because I've kept my sprite sizes small. But I believe you're correct.. Too bad, though isn't that shot sprite quite big? :)
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

I like to try all sorts of stuff.