Keen 1 Requests

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
CommanderSpleen

Keen 1 Requests

Post by CommanderSpleen »

1. A maximum amount of ammo is imposed, and the tile interaction and sound effect does not take place if that maximum is reached.

2a. Move Andy's doors on map patch to a different location so it's compatible with lemm's v2 patch. (IIRK the sloped tiles code breaks things if both patches are used.)

2b. Doors on map patch references ship parts instead of keycards.

3. Using v2 for multiple tilesets: in level n switch to tileset x when chain is shot. Only needs to be one level, and it doesn't matter which.

It should be fairly simple to hijack the chain code. But I studied the v2 patch a bit and with the tile loading code integrated into the level loading routine it was beyond my ability to conveniently access it from anywhere else without everysplosions.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I believe 1.) has been taken care of here: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Patch:K ... Vorticons)

For the v2 stuff, good luck. The conflicts are in the last paragraph of the door patch, where the map door checking function is called (door patch) and the new TLI blocking properties are called (v2 patch.) I believe you will ned to rewrite the map door check to call the v2 TLI stuff, but am not sure.