In-game menu (Keen 3)

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
Flyingmouse

In-game menu (Keen 3)

Post by Flyingmouse »

I understand this will be rather complex, but would it be possible for

1. The control textbox (activated by F3) displays the top five scores from the high scores screen.

2. Pressing F2 does nothing. Alternatively, it opens the save game menu, and F5 does nothing.

3. Upon death, the sounds menu appears; "n" exits to the map level, "y" restarts the level (similar to the Galaxy trilogy). Additionally, the "sound" in the textbox is replaced with "retry?".

4. Keen's death animation plays first his two death animations, then the last three animations of the purple spark; all of this happens at two-thirds the normal death animation speed. After animating once, Keen disappears and the above patch is in effect; Keen doesn't fly up at all.

Edit: Nevermind about the F3 one; I intended that for a different idea and left it in for some reason
Last edited by Flyingmouse on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I believe all of these should be possible except for the F3-high scores one. It will just take time to work them all out. Possibly quite some time as they will be very tricky to do.
Nospike

Post by Nospike »

The galaxy style death sounds very neat.
levellass

Post by levellass »

A note, it may be simpler to make a new window for Keen when he dies; if this is possible, would the F2 patch be wanted? You could still keep he sound on\off window.
Flyingmouse

Post by Flyingmouse »

If you could do that, it'd be best to keep the F2 menu in.