'Easy' 'medium' and 'hard' for Keen 1

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

'Easy' 'medium' and 'hard' for Keen 1

Post by levellord »

Back in '98 I built a rudimentary utility for screwing up Keen files by renaming them. Having recently unearthed it I have alted it so that it allows someone to create easy medium and hard levels (in different folders) which are then automatically placed in the game directory when the user run easy medium or hard.

Being designed seperately, the levels can undergo a change of structure as well as the addition of sprites. It allows the creation of 49 levels per mode with the 32 level patch or 33 without.

Anyone interested?
JosephBurke

three bats will do

Post by JosephBurke »

Something like that would be pretty easy to with just having three different *.bat files, each one with a unique patch file and file offsets for the levels. If you have something a bit better than three different *.bat files I'd be interested in at least seeing it.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Ok.. Go ahead..
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

If you have something a bit better than three different *.bat files I'd be interested in at least seeing it.
Yep, 3 different .BAT files (People still use them?! JOY!) However this program will also change tilesets and sprites (and for those who know how to edit .BAT files, a lot more.) allowing I imaginge some interesting tricks (Such as blocks that kill you only on 'hard' mode.)

By the way, um, how do I put the file on the internet?
(Is dragged away and beaten for such ignorance.)[/quote]
XkyRauh

re: uploading

Post by XkyRauh »

The easiest way to get something online is to email it to somebody with webspace avaliable. Let them upload it and provide a link for you.

A more involved way would require registering for a free webspace over at Angelfire, Geocities, Tripod, and the like. Give them some basic information, log in, and upload your files and then give us all a link.

Or you could always purchase a domain and ftp it... but that'd lead to monthly fees and be difficult to maintain ;-)

--Xky
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

So who would I email this to?
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

Me -- I'll stick it up in the Keen:Modding files. (thinks: should add a files page listing all the files). Anyway, andy@durdin.net will do it.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

^Agree with that idea! It would help a lot.^