FINALE

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
Ilsoap

FINALE

Post by Ilsoap »

Yay! I'm asking a question, and it's not about a new patch that needs to be made!!!

There was a utility that would edit the bmps of Preview2, Preview3, and Finale, right? Who made it, and where that be?
JosephBurke

Post by JosephBurke »

Look for this line of text on the main page.

"NEW! - Now a util to edit finale.ckX and previewN.ck1 -- download it here: fin2bmp.zip"

http://durdin.net/andy/keen/
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

Oh yes, good old fin2bmp. I made it, but I forgot to post any links to it when putting this forum together. Here it is.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Ilsoap, it should be obvious (correct word?) who has made it.. :) Yeah, pretty useful too.
Ilsoap

Post by Ilsoap »

Yeah... I actually went to his page, but didn't see it. Saw it the second time I went, though.

I tried changing the 1BMP0012.bmp, however (that's the bitmap with the lights on in Keen's bedroom), but it totally wacked out the mod. I changed the size, I'm guessing that's what is responsible.
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

I wouldn't have thought that changing the size would be an issue... I'll have to look into it some more though.
It was still a multiple of 8 pixels wide, right?
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Hmmm, maybe that's it. :)
Ilsoap

Post by Ilsoap »

What? Of course I chose a bitmap size that was divisible by 8! What a crazy accusation... I... I...

Yeah, that was it. D'oh!
Ilsoap

Post by Ilsoap »

Oh, um... in the finale, when the text boxes disappear, they leave behind a black background where the textbox was... is there any way to fix that?
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Yeah, it does. And probably there is no way, at least easy way. Maybe that's the reason why the whole screen was pretty much black in the end of Keen 1. Or maybe because the image was black they decided not to code it more than just what there is now, nobody wouldn't notice it anyway.. ;)
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

IIRC, the windows are erased with one of the characters from the font -- one that is all black. If you change the character in the font, then you can erase with any colour you like -- only it is limited to a solid colour.
I can see that I really need to get together a working (if limited) finale editor, so you can change the text, graphics, bitmaps, windows, etc... I'll see what I can do, but unfortunately I'm much busier than I had had any idea I would be, so I can't guarantee anything.
Ilsoap

Post by Ilsoap »

That's fine, adurdin. Other people may need it, but that's the last question I had about the finale. Everything else works fine...

Lego Keen is 90% done.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Pretty good news - both of you. :)
The ending editor sounds wicked. :)
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Can't wait for Lego Keen ...
XkyRauh

re: FINALE

Post by XkyRauh »

It's amazing how 'lazy' the boys at ID were when going from Keen1 to Keen2. the 2TIL0000.bmp file is full of unchanged tiles like Garg statues, Teleporters, Ice blocks, and Pillars... not to mention the "Lights on" and "Lights off" pictures of Keen's house's window are still in the ModKeen'ed directory. The finale sequence from Keen2 doesn't even use those pictures!

I can only imagine how bad Keen3 will be ;-)

--Xky