Keen's shot zap/zots on keen

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
Stealthy71088

Keen's shot zap/zots on keen

Post by Stealthy71088 »

For Keen 1:

I'm trying to make a sword for keen instead of a raygun. I've been playing around with it for awhile, and I'm sure it can be patched to work, but I can't quite do it. Basically, my plan was to have keen's shot zap zot against him, but not kill him. If I then make this shot really large, I figure that keen will only be able to kill an enemy if the enemy gets really close, and the shot is spawned on top of it. Otherwise, it just zaps zots on keen. But I can't seem to get keen's shot to zap zot against him without killing him. Any ideas?
levellass

Post by levellass »

Righto, I find this *mostly* works. There are some details you may want to change; the sound for example. What this does it make a lot of shots, which zap against each other, I suggest making both the shot and the ZOT sprite invisible, but with a full hitbox, since it's quite possible to make shots that 'escape' Keen, and we don't want these seen. (To be simple I included a patch to change the Tankbot's zapzot so it can use a more visible sprite if you want.)

I suggest a nice, wide sword-swinging animation like in Shadow Knights. (Which is alos moddable and patchable now.)

Code: Select all

#Keen's shots (usually) don't travel far:
#%patch $3E36 $90 $90 $90     #stop the shooting sound
%patch $3E5B $90 $90 $90      #and don't play the 'click-out-of-ammo' sound
%patch $3E30 $90 $90          #shoot even when counter is zero
%patch $3E3B $90 $90 $90 $90  #stop losing a shot [Infinite ammo]
%patch $3E24 $90 $90          #Keen has a Machine Gun! 
%patch $4A38 110              #Zap 7 sprite 1 [Tank shots hit sprites]
%patch $4A3F 110              #Zap 7 sprite 2 [Tank shots hit sprites]
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

That's really clever, thanks so much! And I guess I can live with the occasional shot escaping. :) I'm going to try it right now!