Change value for opening doors?

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
JosephBurke

Change value for opening doors?

Post by JosephBurke »

While thinking about ways that the gameplay might significantly be changed in Keen1-3, I came upon an idea. Perhaps the deciding factor for whether or not Keen can open a certain door can be changed to the number of points he has? To secure this gameplay type for other levels Keen's point value would also need to be set to zero at the end of a level, and or whenever he dies in level.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Interesting thought J!
I dunno, maybe it could be possible.. Probably quite hard job. And resetting Keen's score would probably be quite easy to do (for adurdin, of course) - since resetting his ammo has already been done. :)
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

This could be implemented quite simply. I won't make a patch, though, unless someone has a plan to use it in their mod, not just as a gimmick. Mainly this is because I've got a lot of other patches to write. :)
JosephBurke

Post by JosephBurke »

It was an idea I had for what my next mod might be like, however I wont start making it till sometime next year after my current mod is completed. I'll ask again then, was good to hear that it's possible though. :)
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

This could be implemented quite simply.
Wow! Pretty cool.

This really can add more to level design; how far player can go and come back somewhere, to get something door opened and get extra points. :)

By the way, how's your mod currently Joseph?
JosephBurke

Post by JosephBurke »

It's made progress, though I'm in no hurry; I work on it once every few months.