REQUEST: No Done Tiles

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
CommanderSpleen

REQUEST: No Done Tiles

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Can we make the game leave the level tiles intact when returning to the map after completing a level? It would make for all sorts of interesting graphical possibilities, and complete the Keen 4 style that Andy's brilliant flag patch made possible.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I presume it must be possible, since higher level like level203.ck2 and the like in Patchwork Mod 2 aren't marked done after finishing them. However Keen can reenter them when you save and load the game again.
Levellass did a patch for my last mod, that might have something to do with it, see thread viewtopic.php?t=1079.
But that's all I know.
CommanderSpleen

I'll experiment with that, maybe use it as a kind of BWB level. But it's not what I need for two reasons. 1) The levels still need to be rendered inactive after completing them and 2) the status of whether a level is completed or not for anything higher than 32 will not be stored in the save game file AFAIK.
CommanderSpleen

Figured it out. Turned out to be quite simple, just taking the patch to change the tile numbers used and removing the mov command for each one.

Here 'tis.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Indeed, as I read this topic I thought to myself 'Why that's easy! In fact, it's so easy, I bet Spleen has already- yep!'