Why is Keen disappearing when getting of Messie?

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
Tulip

Why is Keen disappearing when getting of Messie?

Post by Tulip »

When you take a ride and get off at the hidden island, my keen is disappearing, and not even coming back if you lose a life in the hidden level and come back to the map level.

Does anybody know how to fix this, or how to set up the path that its working?
levellass

Post by levellass »

As far as I know, your game executable is corrupted, but possibly it is version 1.0. I suggest getting a fresh copy of 1.31.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

It's 1.31, but I now got it working by simply designing the path on the hidden island exactly the same as near the mangling machine.

I don't know why Keen didn't want to get off Messie downwards, but if you get off upwards, there doesn't seem to be a problem.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Aaah, you changed the *map* That makes more sense, why didn't you say?

The reason is that for Keen on the map, the actual animations used are based on lists; rather than there being a neat animation for each action, there is a list of actions and such, followed by instructions along the lines of 'if left then (1) if right then (2) if left and down then...'

The reson Keen disappears is that there is simply no entry, it wasn't needed in the original. Such as it is.

Glad to hear your problem is solved though.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Yes, I think I've kind of found out how it's working. Still it's strange that Keen didn't want to get of downward, because my path almost looked like the original one on the hidden island.

Anyway it's done, if I'm bored I will possibly investigate what is working and what is not, and then post it here with graphics, but I don't know yet.