Beta testers?

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
levellass

Beta testers?

Post by levellass »

Hello there, I shall soon need some beta testers for a program I am developing that lets you alter Keen 1-3 sprite behavior. The program works fine, but I am not sure if it is easy to understand and use and would like some feedback on this.

What it does:

*Change the speeds, jump heights and such
*Copy sprite behaviors so other sprites can use them
*Rearrange the sprite code to do neat things, even add new sprites

Also, how interested would people be in a program to increase\decrease the number of bitmaps in the Keen 1-3 gaphics files?
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Sure thing,
as I will be doing the third mod in my Silcar trilogy soon I would like to test it. I'm a layman on programing, so the way I will use it will be similar to a person who has no idea of hex and stuf like that, mind that.
But I'll be glad to try using it anyway.

As for adding and removing sprites from the program, there could result a problem with Modkeen which only works with a certain amount of sprites.
If you don't know what I mean, try extracting graphics from the latest version of Aliens vs Keen.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Then it will come bundled with Modkeen 1.5, which can quite easily extract graphics from that mod. (The 'improved' version is less functional! Aaaah programming!)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I heard from my last mod vortimom and meep request that you were using that sprite program to get the patch.
If you still want a beta tester my offer still stands, I could try to find out some my needed patches myself I guess?
My e-Mail's in the profile.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Ok, I shall send you a copy of it soon; I've been busy with my sound program reccently (Among other things.) But it has been almost done for some time now.