PATCH REQUEST: More points

Request patches for Keens 1-3.
Quirky Moron

PATCH REQUEST: More points

Post by Quirky Moron »

Could there be a way to allow more point items? Like say 1 tile gives you -500 Points?
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Probably not, because if I remember correct adding completely new properties for tiles was pretty hard/impossible.
One way to do that could be tweaking for example properties of pogo tile..
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

I was just thinking about this the other day, strangely enough. But alas as it stands we cannot add new tile types. But as KeenRush said, the existing pogo tile should be usable for this purpose if you really need it.

The -500 points effect is possible (see Changing the score of point items) There's a post about patching negative numbers in hex, but I can't seem to locate it.

>Commander Spleen
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Negative numbers in hex? Just patch a number greater the 32768, and you'll get a negative number, I think your number minus 65536. I'm pretty sure it said this in that point article.
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

CK Guy has it correct. Add your negative number to 65536 and you'll end up with the appropriate value to patch. This will not work for all patches involving numbers, as some use unsigned arithmetic (positive only); a bit of trial and error will show you if it works.