Sprite randomness

Completed patches for Keen1.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Sprite randomness

Post by levellord »

I have managed to train Sarah in some of the basic points of patching and she has surprised me with an ingenious idea that we have spent the last week working on. It has briefly rekindled my desire to patch. I shall be leaving for summer camp today, leaving Sarah in cahrge of the project, which will slow it own somewhat, but I thought I'd better post this little patch we discovered whilst working on something.

Code: Select all

#Randomizer for Yorp jumps, Garg looks and Vorticon jumps frequencies. [Smaller = more often]
%patch $C0D5 $FF $00
I hope Sarah will be able to publish our stuff in a few days, if she doesn't, you'll have to wait till march.
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Very nifty. Hopefully we'll see this mysterious patch before you leave. If not, have fun at camp.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Summer camp? You lucky southern hemisphere-ers!!!
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

^Yeah, come on. Its too cold here!! Make a patch that'll make it warmer. (actually, global warming will probably do that.)

Now, hopefully you can isolate these patches. You can make the yorp continuously jump, but then the garg never moves.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Actually, we can already make gargs not move. Just use the garg speed patches and set speed to zero in all directions/patches.

Or even better, make a garg invincible and not charge. Then whenever the garg sees keen, he stays put, like a rock wall. Perfect for a stealth level.

After this, could you look into the patching the garg's height check before he charges? I know there are other ways to do this, namely playing with keen's height, but it would be cool if we could make yorps or vorts run that same check.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Okay; this is going to be difficult; I accidentally wiped all the work I did, and for some reason, the shooting robot code contains some unused fragments the game doesn't like fiddled with, this will delay what I had in mind, also, Adis' computer broke down, so I have to use her old old one, which is DOS based, this has slowed the work appreciably.

Still stay tuned and I hope to post *something* as soon as I get this all figured out!
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Do you have a backup of PMIII and related files?
levellass

Post by levellass »

All of Adis' stuff, and all the work we did is lying on her computer, it is so close yet so far, we have the computer working but without internet or floppy disk. Without these two utilities work has ground to a halt and I can't get anything done. As it is I'm having to scrounge internet off of a kindly school teacher.

I think 'utterly frustrated' describes my current mood.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

If you can email, can you email me how to get to the secret levels? That's really the only thing holding me back right now from finishing testing. That and the three projects assigned in the past two days :<