PATCH (beta): Teleporting within a level

Completed patches for Keen1.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Hey, that's weird. I thought Alt 'cause that's the key used to flip switches. Anyway, maybe it would be possible because ...
adurdin wrote:Something worth noting with this patch is that it will free up about 350 bytes of code, which can then potentially be used for lots of other patches.
Yowza

Post by Yowza »

I'd kinda like the up button for teleporters... Like in Keen 4-6 with the doors... But either way is fine I suppose :P
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Agree, that would be nice too. :)
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

Using Alt would probably not be too difficult; any other key would be a lot more work at this stage.
Yowza

Post by Yowza »

Actually, now that I think of it, a patch to make the switches use the Up key would be nice... You wouldn't believe how many times I've tried to pogo off, but have accidently pressed a switch (I could've sworn I was far enough away :X)

EDIT: Well, an up key patch isn't desperate... It would be nice sometime though :)
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I think alt would be better; everyone knows that you can "interact" with things using alt button in Keen 1-3.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Yeah, that's why I thought Alt ...

[Edit:] I guess the reason for my posts was ... andy could you patch this ... please
xtraverse
Patch Crafter

Post by xtraverse »

For my one-level mod, I'd be intensely greatful if you could add an 'up' trigger to use the teleport, or if that's too complex at least an 'alt' trigger.
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

Yeah, i need something like that, too
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

This idea has been bandied about before. The easiest way is to put a teleport underground and have Keen stand on it, then make your shooting animation have a little bit going under the ground [or be a bit taller] then when Keen presses fire, he touches a teleport tile that he's standing on, and teleports.
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Woah - cool idea, levellord! There's something cool about non-patching solutions to problems!