PATCHES GALORE: Keen 1 Sprite Properties (don't miss this!)

Completed patches for Keen1.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Woah. This will be impressive! Cheers xtra!

What those uncommented lines do -- or are they yet not discovered? For example in the garg patch stuff.

Code: Select all

%patch $1871 $51 $1B # [si+32]
%patch $1876 $CE $1B # [si+34] 
Or do you just have there the default values or something?

Anyways, this speed changing will be really useful.
Divo

Transport sprite

Post by Divo »

Is it possible to make keen able to stand on top of butler bots like a transport sprite?
xtraverse
Patch Crafter

Post by xtraverse »

KR- I knew what most of them did, but I didn't comment them because you just need to look at which [si] it was changing.

Divo- that's an interesting idea, I'll see what I can come up with when I get home today.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Could there be that kind of code for carrying already in Keen 1? :) Would be neat.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Remember, Id made rapid progress on Keens 2&3, most of the code was already present in Keen 1 [Anyone noticed they abandoned the one way down tiles? After Keen 2, there just aren't any.]
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Anyone noticed they abandoned the one way down tiles?
Hmmm, nope. Interesting.. :) And yeah, the engine seems to be pretty complete in Keen 1, and the two other episodes have only some small changes.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

just a quick patch request on the subject of modifying enemies, Im using the patch that makes the bulter bot shootable making it spawn a dead yorp, but can a patch be made to make it take 3 shots instead of 1? Also a patch to slow down the rate ice cannons shoot would be helpfull.
Divo

Transport sprite

Post by Divo »

Patch request ( again ) :

Is it possible to make keen able to stand on top of butler bots like a transport sprite?
xtraverse
Patch Crafter

Post by xtraverse »

Not (easily) possible. There's no routine in Keen 1 for transports, so someone would have to find space for one and code it themselves :/
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

Ok, then. Could someone *please* look for these patches?
*Tankbots kill keen on touch.
*tankbots don't pause when shooting
*tankbots can die when you shoot them and they turn into a dead vorticon sprite.
Last edited by Kdash on Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xtraverse
Patch Crafter

Post by xtraverse »

You might get more of a response if you had the attitude of asking people for things, not telling them to do it and assuming they'll slave away immediately.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

On the subject of Transport in Keen1, the falling block acts as a sort of transport. Perhaps tiles could be patched to move other ways. I am almost certain that if the block was to move upwards, Keen would stay stationary rather than moving up. (That's what happens with the mangling machine arms as they were used in Norp The Yorp3).

Anyway, as I think Xky once said, people should rely on their own creativity and resourcefulness to make their mod better rather than depending on having Keen tweaked to their every whim.
XkyRauh

lol

Post by XkyRauh »

When I said that, I think I was referring to myself... I had a bad habit of asking for patches before I sat down and tried to figure out an alternate way of solving the problem.

--Xky
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

On the subject of Transport in Keen1, the falling block acts as a sort of transport. Perhaps tiles could be patched to move other ways. I am almost certain that if the block was to move upwards, Keen would stay stationary rather than moving up. (That's what happens with the mangling machine arms as they were used in Norp The Yorp3).
Incorrect. Both the falling block and mangling machine sprites cause tiles to regularly appear and be replaced by others. Keen falls down because the standing tiles he was on has been replaced by nothing. Simalarly he stays in one place because a standing tile appearing above him doesn't affect him an iota.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

That's what I meant! He stays stationary until the last of the blocking tiles (the bottom of the arm) has moved up from beneath his feet.