V2 project - Extra Tilesets

Completed patches for Keen1.
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

lemm wrote:The error just affects the finale screens, everything else is fine.

Look in the "util" folder for mindbeltext.
Only problem is the graphics don't change...

Thanks for Mindbelt!
levellass

Post by levellass »

That reminds me, fixed KeenGraph is here: http://levellord.rewound.net/KEENGRAPH.zip (For those end graphics.) It was a minor mistake made when I was less careful about memory.
oasiz

Post by oasiz »

Ok, any idea what I am doing wrong in here?

I have patched this again and again to be sure that nothing is wrong.

The problem:
Graphics are all messed up!
http://62.78.137.12/pic/keenmod/glitch.png
Like that.
I can run this just fine without this patch.

Using tileset tool 0.3.4 with the multiple tileset patch.
And I have attempted nearly all the commandline tools (in this thread + elsewhere) as well so far.

Using the stuff from 'v2' (the slope mod) results in a black screen after the "wait a moment" in the beginning.

The wait a moment screen does show up fine but other graphics are glitched to hell literally :). Suprisingly some stuff like water shows up correctly (uses the same spot as stock water tiles).

EDIT: Oh yeah, And tileset tool seems to load the TLS just fine.
lemm

Post by lemm »

If you tried to import your old .tli into tileset tool and make a .tls out of it, that might cause problems. Just start over and make a new .tls

Make sure you are using the appropriate number of animation frames. The default in the example mod is 4.

You MUST use keengraph.

Perhaps you can post your patch on pastebin or something; I can take a look at it and see if there are any conficts.
oasiz

Post by oasiz »

Thanks for the reply,

I have tried using keengraph but it always crashes at importing 320x200 images (out of memory). I have even tried increasing dosbox memory to 32 megs but it won't help.

I will try to start making the TLS from a fresh base.

The current patch file is a terrible mess!
Just wait a minute and it will be at: http://62.78.137.12/patch.txt

It's there. I have tried using without all of the other hacks as well but no success.
lemm

Post by lemm »

There is a new version of KeenGraph (along with lots of other keen stuff) available, where that bug is fixed: http://levellord.rewound.net/

Also, you're using the old old version of the mutliple tileset patch (xtratile2.bin). That file and all the patches associate with it should not be used.

What I would reccomend is to simply copy the example mod in the V2.zip archive and get that running in your own directory. Then, import the new graphics, and make your tileset, and get those running.

Once you've got all the graphics going, THEN start adding in patches a few at a time, so you can triangulate any conflicting patches. I briefly scanned the patchfile, but I did not see any patches that would interfere with each other.

Make sure you start off with the test mod in this archive http://files.commanderkeen.org/users/omp/v2-0.0.2.zip

(Sorry, I should have updated the first post of the thread a long time ago :p)
levellass

Post by levellass »

Also, you're using the old old version of the mutliple tileset patch (xtratile2.bin). That file and all the patches associate with it should not be used.
Though I have a Keengraph setup for any mods that may use this. (I have one that does and I don't plan on changing it.)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

oasiz wrote: I have tried using keengraph but it always crashes at importing 320x200 images (out of memory). I have even tried increasing dosbox memory to 32 megs but it won't help.
Why are you running keengraph through dosbox? I should work well in a modern environment.

A problem I had before, until lemm cleared this up: You HAVE to have 910 tiles, otherwise your animations will always be screwed up.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Which is sad, because it should be customizable for any consistent number of tiles.

Also, windows\Linux Keengraph should be on the way.
oasiz

Post by oasiz »

Tulip wrote: Why are you running keengraph through dosbox? I should work well in a modern environment.
Because It doesn't work with a 64bit operating system otherwise :)

Thanks for the replies lemm. That clears up a lot of confusion :)
Nospike

Post by Nospike »

I have to run KeenGraph in Dosbox too... Otherwise it just doesn't work. It says the program isn't compatible with my system. I'm using 64bit Windows 7. Maybe that's the problem?
oasiz

Post by oasiz »

Ace!

I got it working now and I can even use tileset tool 0.3.4. to modify the TLS files just fine.

Thanks for everything !
levellass

Post by levellass »

Question: Do 32 bit programs run in 64 bit environments?
Draik

Post by Draik »

Yus. I know that Windows runs a compatibility layer, and I'm sure Linux users can figure it out themselves. Yeah, I'm not sure about Linux. But Windows definitely does, so that covers most people. (not that you should discount people with Linux, but hey.)
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

May I have the KeenGraph source?