Yorp, Tankbot, and Butler Bot Patch

Completed patches for Keen1.
Flyingmouse

Yorp, Tankbot, and Butler Bot Patch

Post by Flyingmouse »

Code: Select all

#Yorps, Tankbots, and Butler Bots don't push Keen
%patch $2A27 $08 $00
This works, with a few exceptions (like having a yorp fall on you). I don't really see any way this can be used in a mod, though, as it affects all three sprites.

Edit:

%patch $2FF2 $08 $00
Another one I found, has strange effects when Keen collides with right walls (Such as teleporting several tiles, going through walls, etc.)
levellass

Post by levellass »

Well, we have individual patches for affecting the push or not of the Yorp and bots. The second patch seems to affect some of Keen's blocking tile collision code.
Flyingmouse

Post by Flyingmouse »

I doubt it, because it affects all sprites rather than Keen.

While using the patch, I discovered that in Level 1, touching the left side of the 3-block pyramid before the first Pat-pat will put Keen right over it.

Edit: What have I done to Keen 1?!

#AAAAAAAHHH!!!! THE TEXT IS MESSED UP!!!
%patch $9FF9 $08 $00 
Seems to have no effect on the game. However, the story "freezes" the game, but when you minimize it and open it back up, you go to a "world map" made of some strange yellow-pole-like tile. CtSpace, Invincibility, the Status screen, and the Esc menu don't pop up when activated (except for the lives on the status screen), although they probably still work. There are blocking tiles, but I haven't seen any levels. (Change 9FF9 to 9FFA to make it red, and 9FFB to only show bitmaps and some sprites.)

Previews does same thing, but seems to fade to the yellow/red pole world instead of fake freezing. Ending sequence (or at least the screen after it) does same thing as Previews, but fades to white instead and plays the Game Over sound.

Edit: There are actually levels, if you look for them.

Hopefully, my last edit: You actually stay in the story screen, so back out and find the New Game option to enter the world map.