7%
All that stuff, AND Crawl
20%
Other (PLEASE SPECIFY)
13%

Total votes: 15

doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Cool, he is even easier to edit :) I'll see what I can do :)
lemm

Final few keen behaviours

Post by lemm »

So far, keen can jump, pogo, look up/down, shoot in four directions, ride platforms, handhang, crawl, walk in doors, slide on ice, and toggle switches, and be stunned.

Keen level exit: The generic behaviour will be keen general vorticons style, however, if keen is on the left half of the screen, he will walk to the left (so he can walk off the left edge). There won't be any replacements of tiles; in your levels, just make any door tiles to be masked/foreground, and appropriately blocking so that keen can only enter one way.

Some levels will be exited galaxy-message style when keen hits a tile. For example, in the pepper level, if keen steps on a tile next to the cauldron with the food in it, a message box will pop up with a couple lines of text, and the level ends. I might add a little animation of keen tossing chili peppers. The goggles, pepper, and soda can tiles will also end the level a la keen 6.

Keen death behaviour: I am open to suggestions here, but preferably something besides flying to heaven.

We also need keen world map walking frames. Either a 3 or 4 frame animation for north, south, east, and west
levellass

Post by levellass »

For the death, I think either a Keen Galaxy bouncing offscreen or a Keen 1-Vorticon style death animation, at the end of which the level restarts.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Well, I'm waiting for a decision :)
lemm

Post by lemm »

okay, galaxy bounce sounds good to me. if i can't get it to bounce he'll just fall out the bottom.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Remember, Galaxy Keen bounces off hazard tiles and enemies, he can fall of the bottom in one 'bounce' quite easily, or bounce until he exits the screen left or right.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Ok, I'll make something in the next days.
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

++Galaxy_style;