Level Submission Thread

The Commander Keen Community Mod!
CommanderSpleen

Level Submission Thread

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Post levels here.

In order to create levels, you'll need the latest incarnation of the mod, here.

Levels may include modified tileinfo. Simply edit ckcm.pat and change the name of the existing .tli file under #Tileinfo. Links to the tileset and tileinfo (if a custom one is not included) are listed as well, as over time the tiles may no longer correlate.

Submissions to date
lemm - Twilight Tree Village : Tileset 2009-07-13 : Custom Tileinfo Included : Screenshot

Anybody care to capture the level to an image so we can see it without having to play the mod?
Last edited by CommanderSpleen on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Your so called latest incarnation of the mod is seriously outdated.
I took the liberty of uploading a more up-to-date version here:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?awdtlfnnnjt

View lemms level here:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?znh2miz2hdt

(I have uploaded it to flickr but it somehow doesn't allow the original resolution of this, it only gives me a small jpg.)
CommanderSpleen

Thanks Tulip. The post shall be updated ASAP, but probably not for another 18 hours.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Ooooh! Nice! Should I start a sounds topic? This mod needs sounds. (And is Lemm's tileinfo the 'official' tileinfo now?)
CommanderSpleen

Yes, a sounds topic would be planful. I'm not sure about the tileinfo yet. I suppose it might as well be set as the default. Would be nice to find an easy way of indicating which tiles' properties were changed to what.

Comments on Lemm's level:
This is a really nifty level idea. So far I'd only envisioned typical, bright, Keen 4 style village levels. Seeing the idea applied to trees in a twilight setting is quite refreshing. The depth added by using the darker tree trunks is ingenious.

Putting teleporters in to make the houses enterable would be fun, but it could be just as interesting to leave them as is and put items in the windows or something. Maybe a combination of the two could work (perferably with some way of identifying which buildings can be entered). If we do use teleporter doors, would the entry point be set as the door, or slightly inside the building?

Working up to a sunset scene at the top is a good idea. Though we'd then need more transition tiles unless we can figure out some creative alternatives.