Lego Keen

Showcase your completed mod here!
Ilsoap

Lego Keen

Post by Ilsoap »

No, it's not finished yet, but it's getting close.

I was actually hoping to get a little help. What are things that are commonly made with Lego that you'd want to see in a Keen game? A certain type of building, a vehicle, an animal... name some stuff. You might see it in the game!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

No, it's not finished yet, but it's getting close.
Gaaarg, I was hoping you released it! :)

Hmmm.. Nothing comes to my mind! Well, you could build for example BwB Megarocket there..
Dr.Villain
Location: An underground Fortress in an unassuming suburban neighborhood

Post by Dr.Villain »

Mini-Figures for enemies maybe? Maybe you could turn a robot into a brick-remover?
Ilsoap

Post by Ilsoap »

I can't accept any suggestions for enemies, those sprites are all completed (except for the Vorticon's dying animation). Just structures please.
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Giant Lemming structures! Flags! Monolithic mazes (I always wanted to take on a Lego maze ... but I could never fit). Go grab an old Lego brochure or seven and you'll have a whole pile of ideas!

Strangely, I don't seem to have any other ideas on hand... I have a pile of lego sitting on the desk somewhere to my left, though, which has been taking on various shapes due to random people messing around with it... I'll post something if any ideas spring to mind. :)

>Commander Spleen
JosephBurke

the red

Post by JosephBurke »

When I was young (like 6) I loved playing with logos; most of these logos were red blocks. That's my suggestion red blocks, of course to have those I'm sure so all is fine. :)
Ilsoap

Post by Ilsoap »

Yes, I have red blocks. Now, the ground tiles are usually green (from my own lego memory, that's what I usually used "cause it looked like grass"), but there are six main colors of blocks in the game, and red is one of them.

I have flags already, and I have some levels that are definitely maze-like... as for the lemmings... I don't think Lemmings was released yet as a video game in the timeframe that this game happens.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

According to this site - http://www.kallex.de/lemmings/games/off ... l#lemmings - it's released 1990. :)
Ilsoap

Post by Ilsoap »

Ah, yes, thanks, Keenrush. That confirms the fact that it won't work for the mod.

Gotcha wondering now, haven't I?
Ilsoap

Progress

Post by Ilsoap »

Lego Keen - 85% done.

All levels except Level12 (a big maze level) and Level16 are completed, all of the enemy sprites except for the Vorticon death animation is completed, and Keen's sprite still needs about half of its drawings changed (mostly for the world map). I also need to change the preview shots and the finale, and then... yikes, it will be done.

I'm going to need some beta testers (just to see if there's anything I missed) in about a week probably, and I'd naturally like to have them come from this forum. Up for the challenge?
CommanderSpleen

ME! ME!

Post by CommanderSpleen »

I'm going to need some beta testers (just to see if there's anything I missed) in about a week probably, and I'd naturally like to have them come from this forum. Up for the challenge?
Me! Me! Pick me! Please pick me!! *jumps about randomly... lands on elbow... complains... declares, "Lego Keen beta test me!!"*

Err...

>Commander Spleen
Yowza

Re: Progress

Post by Yowza »

Ilsoap wrote:I'm going to need some beta testers (just to see if there's anything I missed) in about a week probably, and I'd naturally like to have them come from this forum. Up for the challenge?
*Starts grovelling*
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Me me ME!!!
Oh, why I didn't check this topic before; why I had to sleep?! :( Stupid human brains..
xtraverse
Patch Crafter

Post by xtraverse »

wow..you get a little *too* excited about these things KeenRush..
Quirky Moron

ME!!

Post by Quirky Moron »

------------------->ME<---------------------

I Want to beta test too!