Showcase your completed mod here!
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

thanx for bumping up a old topic :p

we all now its great , the first (and i think the only) full keen 4 mod
i don't know why but i found that it was quite fast boring
LJH

Post by LJH »

Hm. The only thing I didn't like was that the modified licks are way too fast. They're overkill.

Also, I couldn't find how to get to the secret level...
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

i was only able to get to the secret level using cheating , its realy hard
its at the bottom area in fun house near the krodacian

o yes , a little hint for the lick , when you pogo , the chanche that he actually lick is decreased by 95% , then shoot at him in midair
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

What is propably best about the mod is the graphics. They keep up the original Keen feeling, just as LJH says. It's been a while since I played it actually, but what I like about getting to the secret level is, that you go by a vehicle that looks like the Vorticon Car from Keen 3. It's those reminescences that I love in all of Ceilicks mods.

By the way is there any chance that the following episodes are going to be released somewhere in utopian future times?
That screenshot previews looked great.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

chanche is below 1% , but in what i have seen in the previews , i think the graphics are done , if he wil release 'em , and the levels that were already done , there is a chanche that pro modders desing whats left
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

We can only hope.
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

There is some work done on his Keen 6 mod. He posted them beck at the old board requesting feedback some months before he left, IIRK. I'm sure he'll be back one day to finish it, but after creating so many mods in such a short time, it's fair enough that he needs some space from it all.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Yes, and if he is not, we can always wrap up his mods ourselves.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

The only thing I didn't like was that the modified licks are way too fast. They're overkill.
If you mean they're too hard, an easy way to dodge them is to position yourself at the midpoint of their highjump. Doing this, they'll repeatedly jump back and forth over keen's head, unable to lick him.
By the way is there any chance that the following episodes are going to be released somewhere in utopian future times?
I've actually just recently put some time into the tile set as well as completed one of the blooglet replacements. I can't guarentee I'll make any significant progress, but I'm doodling again, which I suppose is a good sign ;)
That screenshot previews looked great.
Hehe, I actually just drew those from scratch and called them screenshots for the sake of making it look like a real advertisement :P
Mink

Post by Mink »

Ceilick wrote:I've actually just recently put some time into the tile set as well as completed one of the blooglet replacements. I can't guarentee I'll make any significant progress, but I'm doodling again, which I suppose is a good sign ;)
Good to hear. I really enjoyed playing Keys of Krodacia (The artwork was absolutely amazing), and I hope that you eventually release the other two.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

That is a very good sign, hoping the best... :D